Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole account opening

Options
  • 16-02-2016 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey

So I rang up and 
    Opened my new sole account over the phone. So far so good eh? Yeah pretty much. Didn't have to send in any stuff to check it was me cause all my other stuff was up to date. Great I hear you so. 
    So why then after doing all that online I then get the text to call to get my account up online. Why didn't this go up straight away? After saving me the pain of losing hours of my life I'll never get back going into a branch to open the account they then wanted me to phone! 
    Seriously are yous having a laugh. Come on Bank of Ireland you know it's me. I got all my questions right. Why do I have to go through the torturous journey of that phone menu to tell you it's me again & can I see my account or should I just 'hello it's me your looking for???

Tks 
    Peggyweggy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Peggyweggy 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

If it's a new current account you've opened with us, this can be added for viewing to your online banking, by calling 0818 365 365, selecting 1 and then * to reach a representative.

Also if you prefer not to call and  you have your new account number, this can be added by logging into BOI365 Online and select our 'Online Service Desk' facility and from the drop down menu, select 'Add Your BOI Account or Policy'. 

Just to also mention, with the online request, it can take up to 5 working days to update online for you.

We hope this information has helped and we'll certainly send on your feedback regarding the request to call to add the new account online.

If you have any future queries please feel free to get in touch with us again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement