Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rod Stewart accomodation

Options
  • 16-02-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Is there any accomodation to be got the weekend Rod Stewart is playing Sat June 25th? Need somewhere for two people and everywhere seems to be booked out.. yikes! Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

Gal44 wrote: »
    Is there any accomodation to be got the weekend Rod Stewart is playing Sat June 25th? Need somewhere for two people and everywhere seems to be booked out.. yikes! Cheers
    I'm looking as well I don't think there's a chance in hell of getting anywhere. I've just been on looking at trains, I reckon that's what I'll have to do anyway. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I understand there's a train to and from Dublin (if that's where you're coming from?). Shouldn't take much more than hour if it's running directly, so might be an option if stuck.
    Have you tried Airbnb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Heads up irt the Train; Ticketmaster are operating it so it comes with a surcharge.

Train leaves Dublin 2:30pm, arrives in Kilkenny 4:05pm; leaves Kilkenny at 12:30am, arrives into Heuston @ 1:50am.

€45 + €5.65 Handling Charge = €50.65.

If staying down & travelling by train, buy the €14.99 Ticket from Dublin-Kilkenny & then another €14.99 Ticket from Kilkenny to Dublin.

Even if you book a return ticket online it's coming in at a maximum €35.45.

Accommodation wise, apart from Air B&B have you tried Lanigans Hostel?

How far away would you be willing to stay?

Nothing scheduled yet but would wager TM might be running a train up from Waterford & back down again after like they did during Springsteen concerts.

Likes of Lord Bagenal is about 20 mins. drive away (half-way between Kilkenny & Carlow).

The Hub in Cillin Hill offered indoor camping beds during Springsteen concerts; might be worth touching base with them; think they'll run shuttle buses to & from Nowlan Pk. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

I thought 50 for the train was madness. Will there be other trains or have ticketmaster basically 'taken over' the only train that will be going up and back, is that the way it works?
    Kinda raging, he's playing in Dublin in November, would have been so much easier!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

TM're running Special Train down & back up (Heuston 2:30pm > Kilkenny 4:05pm & Returning 12:30am from Kilkenny, arriving Heuston 1:30am.

It's a special run by TM.

IR aren't running any extra trains; for anyone coming down from Dublin to it & overnighting it'll cost them €14.99 E.W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Thanks, coming from Galway though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gal44 wrote: »
    Thanks, coming from Galway though

Have you tried any BnB's outside the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 major1969

Autosport wrote: »
    Have you tried any BnB's outside the city?

Have you been successful in securing a place in or near kilkenny yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm good as I'm from Kilkenny ;)

Seriously though have you tried any bnbs outside of the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Waterford is a short distance from Kilkenny and there will be plenty

of trains/buses heading to the marble city for those who want to

rest their heads in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Waterford is a short distance from Kilkenny and there will be plenty

of trains/buses heading to the marble city for those who want to

rest their heads in Waterford.

They're coming from Galway though I doubt they want to travel 50km each way in the wrong direction just to rest their heads. Be better off try Portlaoise or Abbeyleix or Roscrea/Birr even. That's if there's nothing around Kk

• Registered Users Posts: 3 major1969

His I own a 2 bedroom apt beside nowlan park in kilkenny city
    Am in the middle of deciding I might let it to both couples for the night as I to will be working at the concert
    It's a lovely clean furnished apt
    I will be staying at my g/f place

Advertisement