Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

offloading 2nd hand sofa in Navan. Charitys?

Options
  • 16-02-2016 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I have a 4 year old fake leather 3 seater couch that has some minor wear and tear and is being upgraded but I think it's a shame to dump as it's not old IMO. I was wondering if it would hold any value to a charity locally?

In failing that, how would I dispose of it without it costing me a fortune?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Put it on Adverts.ie or DoneDeal

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭maik3n

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I gave some furniture (couch, table etc) to charity a few years ago but just bear in mind all of them (at the time anyway) charged to uplift and take to their store. I was a bit surprised at theories but apparently that's normal. I can't remember the exact amount (I think it was €30, but it may have been €50), but I just wonder how many people are put off by that?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

I don't mind paying a charity 30 to remove. I don't fancy the idea of paying 100 to some non charity company.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

As someone has already suggested put it on adverts or donedeal, as free to take away, collection only, it might suit someone who is renting, I had tiles all different sizes and colours, I put them up on said sites they were gone the next day

• Advertisement
Advertisement