Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary school detention concerns

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This thread seems to have got even more layered and complicated. Wow! All sorts of side issues/potential issues.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Juan bu

This thread seems to have got even more layered and complicated. Wow! All sorts of side issues/potential issues.
    Well been to the school and just as I expected twisting everything to suit themselves as far as I'm concerned they have shredded their credibility when it comes to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Juan bu wrote: »
    Well been to the school and just as I expected twisting everything to suit themselves as far as I'm concerned they have shredded their credibility when it comes to me

Can you tell us more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Definitely change schools.

I can't make any sense of what your grievances are and I have read this thread from start to finish.If this is where you are at with the school despite as you say regularly going in there is no point to anymore dealings with the school staff.

You still haven't say what the teacher is doing to be called a bully,what exactly is your son doing with his hair and why can't he stop if its annoying the teacher,simple as.

You say your son has matured but he seems to have caused a lot of trouble in the early years and most students don't,he is now fifteen and still not doing what he is told,e.g. hair incident.The school are probably hoping if they adopt a zero tolerance policy now he will leave,the other students and their parents are hoping against hope he will leave too.

What size is the school,have you given any thought at all to how much time you and your ds are taking up in school time.Have you younger children coming up the line,would it be that the school are afraid if your ds doesn't move on they will have six more years of this with younger siblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Mary63 wrote: »
    Definitely change schools.

I can't make any sense of what your grievances are and I have read this thread from start to finish.If this is where you are at with the school despite as you say regularly going in there is no point to anymore dealings with the school staff.

You still haven't say what the teacher is doing to be called a bully,what exactly is your son doing with his hair and why can't he stop if its annoying the teacher,simple as.

You say your son has matured but he seems to have caused a lot of trouble in the early years and most students don't,he is now fifteen and still not doing what he is told,e.g. hair incident.The school are probably hoping if they adopt a zero tolerance policy now he will leave,the other students and their parents are hoping against hope he will leave too.

What size is the school,have you given any thought at all to how much time you and your ds are taking up in school time.Have you younger children coming up the line,would it be that the school are afraid if your ds doesn't move on they will have six more years of this with younger siblings.

I would hope that no school would judge children on previous siblings behaviour .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

I would think its a case of see one see them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Juan I think you need to get some help with this issue
    You need to contact the newb

http://www.newb.ie/about_us/contact_us.asp
    Your son has quite a lot on his plate, and he needs to be just in school like all the other kids, not at the centre of a big row between you and the teachers
    If you are going to the school to confront them, then it's you, not them that's the instigator
    The Officer from your area will meet with you to discuss the situation
    Then he'll meet with the school and will act as a mediator
    Juan you will have to accept that to some degree your son has been uncooperative at school
    Ask yourself this.
    If all the kids at his school needed the amount of attention down there as he's getting, how could they manage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

What exactly does this mean? This is why the thread went are ways last time cause of cryptic unclear posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

seavill wrote: »
    What exactly does this mean? This is why the thread went are ways last time cause of cryptic unclear posts

I would love if the OP was completely honest st this stage and told us exactly what was said at this meeting today.
    Not the OPs interpretation of what was said
    But what actually did happen
    I would also love if the OP could tell us what she hoped to achieve at the meeting today
    What did she honestly hope would be the outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

SAMTALK wrote: »
    I would hope that no school would judge children on previous siblings behaviour .

They shouldn't but some do to be honest! It is human nature I suppose.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

They shouldn't but some do to be honest! It is human nature I suppose.
    Oh They can. One Teacher many years ago took a dislike to my second eldest son. He could never do right from wrong.
    I was a young mother and could not get to the bottom of it for weeks
    as I would get upset at every meeting, so I brought my brother with me
    and it came out that the teacher believed my son was not trying to reach his potential as his older brother had .
    The principle moved him to another class for that subject, and he settled well.
    Looking back I dont think the teacher was being nasty, He just really believed he was being Lazy, which he wasnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chezzielove.2

Nowadays you can get detentions for everything, my vice principle loves to give ones for hugging people, patting on the back, walking 'too' fast, not looking her in the eyes, God we can get detentions for sitting in corridors for lunch, even though there is no where to sit at all.

Advertisement