Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a 24' monitor for about €200

Options
  • 16-02-2016 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm building a pc for about €1000 (I think it will probably be closer to €1200 in reality) and I'm looking for a 24' monitor to go along with the the really decent CPU and GPU (i5 660 and GTX970).

But my head is in a bit of a spin with all the parameters to consider when selecting a monitor. Ideally I want a happy medium between a rich colour experience and something that would do for a moderately heavy gamer who enjoys all types of games (inc FPS). I should add that I regularly use Photoshop professionally but as I'm working off someone else's PSDs I'm not very concerned about getting a monitor that has a super accurate colour range. If I was pushed then I would go with a gaming monitor but one that did a decent job with colours.

I know that this is a tall ask - especially given the budget but any advice would be appreciated.

TLDR:

I'm look for a monitor that does a decent job in terms of colour but can also be used for moderately heavy gamer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

You might be able to just about squeeze a Dell U2414H in there. I have the older version (U2412M) and it's a great all-rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Bob Rooney wrote: »
    I'm building a pc for about €1000 (I think it will probably be closer to €1200 in reality) and I'm looking for a 24' monitor to go along with the the really decent CPU and GPU (i5 660 and GTX970).

Is the CPU a typo? Or is this a pc upgrade rather than a new build.

ViewSonic+VX2363SMHL-W+23. Is about 160 ish on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bob Rooney

Yeah, it's a typo :) It should read i5 6600 3.30GHz. It will be a scratch build with a solid high-end CPU & GPU.

I currently have a thread on this build (see the second page) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057507117

Serephucus wrote: »
    You might be able to just about squeeze a Dell U2414H in there. I have the older version (U2412M) and it's a great all-rounder.

Gah! You have me looking at its big brother, the U2515H for 309.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Bob Rooney wrote: »
    Gah! You have me looking at its big brother, the U2515H for 309.

Is 309 on Amazon.de might save on delivery.

Regards your psu just make sure it has the right pci power connections for which ever model you go for. different types of the 970 will have different cable requirements. If you are unsure just post the model you decide on.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I'll take a look at it tonight and post it here.

This is the psu i'll be using - http://www.super-flower.com.tw/products_detail.php?class=2&sn=10&ID=55&lang. It has the a bunch of SATA cables and also two 6 pin and additional 2 pin SLI cables. I think it should be OK.

Advertisement