Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consistently atrocious "broadband" speeds since Summer 2015

Options
  • 16-02-2016 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

My broadband speeds have been consistently rubbish since Summer of last year. When I first moved into my house in January 2015 and eventually got setup, I was receiving an average of 5 Mbps. A poor speed but manageable and suitable for my needs when working from home (lots of VOIP on cisco softphones, using MS Lync instant messaging etc.) and personal time (Netflix and YouTube streaming).

However, my speeds have dwindled to what has now become unacceptable. Tonight's speed is typical but by no means the lowest speeds I've had. On occasion I've been hardwired to the router wit wi-fi disabled and still only had speeds of 0.3 Mbps and on occasion, so bad that the test timed out...

Tonight I'm getting 0.81 Mbps. Can someone please check what is going on and get my speed bumped up again?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Any chance anyone could look at this as a priority please?

Download speed tonight is 0.39 Mbps... :mad:
    See here

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Any chance anyone could look at this as a priority please?

Download speed tonight is 0.39 Mbps... :mad:
    See here

Thank you.

All speed tests timed out last night. Phoned eir support, they couldn't fix the issue so apparently there's a special engineering team who deal with speed issues specifically, who will examine the cabinet and contact me within four days to update me. I hope I'm wrong in being cynical about this, I really do. :( Will update on this thread either way.

Edit. No complaint against you Eir:Al, I can see your swamped here. Just keeping a record here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What exchange are you served by? Strong chance this is legacy infrastructure that hasn't gone NGB/NGN. 

Advertisement