Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Trippers Controversy

• 16-02-2016 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

So Rip Trippers posted a video the other day about some side effects from vaping.

In the thumbnail for the YouTube video, it said it wasn't a sponsored video.

He started off by saying after a couple of years vaping he started getting pains in his forearms and had dry knuckles, and he blamed vaping.

He started on some multi vitamin after advice from a doctor because he had hyper thyroidism.

It worked for a while, he drank a gallon and a half of water a day (????) And went to a sauna everyday.

Anyway it came back.....

He then goes on to show this electrolyte supplement, saying it was great for vapers and almost did a full review of this stuff.

Seemed a little suspect to me. It was more in the form of an advertisement than review.

So people started getting angry, apparently the link he posted to this stuff was also an affiliate link, ie, he likely received some form of payment depending on how many people used the link.

He has since taken the video down.

He lost a lot of credibility then, with the amount of reviewers out there, its easy to just unsubscribe for me.

I've no issue with sponsored videos, but they should be made clear, on the face of it, with an affiliate link, and the way he tried to 'sell' it, it doesn't look like he was completely open.

This video called him out on it, its long though, but also has his video in it.

https://youtu.be/sX8tlTpSjJU

RIP Rip Trippers, from my subscribed list at least.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

He was reported before for receiving money but never proved & he has his own juice company.
    Anything he says,I take with a pinch of salt,I'll keep watching his videos because he does put up some decent close up pictures....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I don't watch his videos myself. I find the constant quick edits and southern yeehaww shtick too annoying and his harping on about positive vibes. Also he rarely gives anything a poor review.

Surely if you live a relatively healthy lifestyle you shouldn't get dry knuckles (???) and need to sit in a sauna, then drink 5 litres of water and take electrolytes every day. Would he not think of maybe going out for a jog every morning instead?

He gets no exercise and vapes probably 50ml+ everyday. We all know that overdoing anything isn't good.

The worst part of this is that he's not only blaming his bad lifestyle on vaping, he's also trying to make a few bucks out of it.

Then he goes on about positivity and good vibes....bollocks. He reminds me of a televangelist.

I'll stick with pbusardo. He posts a lot of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

Vaping with Vic, good reviewer.Can be a bit ranty at times but overall he caters for most types of vapers. And a bit of craic
    Also, The Vapour Chronicles is worth a view
    I stopped watching P Busardo, kept doing my head in with all the figures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

thevaper wrote: »
    I stopped watching P Busardo, kept doing my head in with all the figures

Ah but the numbers don't lie!

Is vaping with vic the scottish guy? He's pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

I wish he wasn't so obnoxious, he does great unboxings. Always nice to see exactly what's in the box you're buying but other than that he's a complete tosser who talks non stop sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

5-15 mins is the sweetspot for me. Pbusardo videos are far too long for me.

Trippers has decent videos and when he does builds they are good, although he usually says he stole it from somewhere else. At least he usually gives them credit.

If his electrolyte video was open and just said it was sponsored, no one would care, he should be allowed get some extra money for the time and effort he puts in.

Grimm Green is probably my favourite. Snappy videos, close up, unboxings and builds, and detailed wicking options.

The Vapor Trail is good too as already mentioned, he has a love of Hawaiian shirts though :)

Zopie Vapes and Ruby Roo do decent videos too, not as often, but decent detail and builds.

Indoor Smokers is a bit annoying, don't really watch his videos. Tia Vapes is a bit of an air head, and doesn't really do anything complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I stopped watching a lot of the big name reviewers, some of them just get on my nerves. I can't watch PBusardo, way too long winded for me. I find Grimm green a bit annoying tbh, used to like him but gone off him for a while now. I can't stand Rip, he's like a wind up jack in the box that just keeps popping up and is completely up his own arse. I watch suck my mod sometimes, and I still watch Scott, igetcha69 - the first one that I watched when I started vaping. Indoor smokers is irritating too and I wouldn't watch Tia vpaes if you paid me.

What Rip did in tat video was just completely idiotic. For someone in his position, who gets millions of views over time, to say that vaping caused dry knuckles, joint pains and dehydration was just irresponsible. Then he pulls it, because he got some serious backlash, and puts up another video wherein he claims he was sent by God to help people quit smoking .... LOL ... what a complete and utter bell end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I stopped watching a lot of the big name reviewers, some of them just get on my nerves. I can't watch PBusardo, way too long winded for me. I find Grimm green a bit annoying tbh, used to like him but gone off him for a while now. I can't stand Rip, he's like a wind up jack in the box that just keeps popping up and is completely up his own arse. I watch suck my mod sometimes, and I still watch Scott, igetcha69 - the first one that I watched when I started vaping. Indoor smokers is irritating too and I wouldn't watch Tia vpaes if you paid me.

Actually now you mention it, suck my mod is another one I would watch. He is fairly down to earth compared to the other 'personalities'.

Glad I unsubbed from trippers, Really? Sent by god :v

Advertisement