Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare fire service now hiring..

Options
  • 17-02-2016 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Now hiring in Leixlip, Maynooth, Monasterevin and Athy!

Retained positions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Hi there. I'm thinking about applying for this, but am unable to attend any of the information sessions being run in the local stations.

I'm currently in full time employment which I'd have to leave in order to become a retained firefighter. Realistically, how much could a retained fire fighter in Leixlip expect to earn? It's not all about money of course, I know I'd be taking a big pay cut. But I am worried about things in the future like getting a mortgage, raising a family etc. Could you make a decent living out of this job? Or would finding another job within 5 minutes of the station be absolutely necessary?

Any info would be very much appreciated!

Advertisement