Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir EFibre and EVision: No port farwarding. Can't access server outside LAN.

Options
  • 17-02-2016 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I have been a Eir customer for about 2 weeks now. I have EFibre provided by a F2000 router together with EVision..

I have no complaints about my internet speed, TV service or WiFi reception but I have been unable to reach my home server from outside the home LAN.. Creating forwarding rules seem to have no effect.. Neither new forwarding rules or using pre-set ones..

My No-IP client on the server still works but I get the router login webpage.

Anybody have any luck getting port forwarding to work using the F2000 with EVision?

Other option I could do is using a third party modem and put the F2000 in bridge mode but EVision seems to stop working.. If I reset the router EVision stops working.. There appear to be 2 Layer2Bridge things set, whatever that is, which are not there after reset.. I am assuming this is why EVision stops working..

Main issue is getting port forwarding to work so I can access my server.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Cork981

Dexter1979 wrote: »
    I have been a Eir customer for about 2 weeks now. I have EFibre provided by a F2000 router together with EVision..

I have no complaints about my internet speed, TV service or WiFi reception but I have been unable to reach my home server from outside the home LAN.. Creating forwarding rules seem to have no effect.. Neither new forwarding rules or using pre-set ones..

My No-IP client on the server still works but I get the router login webpage.

Anybody have any luck getting port forwarding to work using the F2000 with EVision?

Other option I could do is using a third party modem and put the F2000 in bridge mode but EVision seems to stop working.. If I reset the router EVision stops working.. There appear to be 2 Layer2Bridge things set, whatever that is, which are not there after reset.. I am assuming this is why EVision stops working..

Main issue is getting port forwarding to work so I can access my server.

Try lowering the firewall medium to low.
    Also perform a nslookup on your no-ip hostname to make sure you are resolving to the correct IP.

Another potential issue is if you are using port 80 or 443 - they could be reserved by the modem for the management interface.
    Try changing no a non-standard port and see if that works.

I think you have to disable remote management on the WAN side in the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

You cannot replace or bridge the modem with eVision as it uses IPoE not PPPoE

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If this is a webserver then Karsini is correct, just disable remote management.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

Hi guys..

Found the cause but am still a bit puzzled by it.. In order to do port forwarding you have to create a custom application in the forwarding rules.. Mine had a "_" in it and that appears to have upset it.. I removed the "_" in the application name, restarted the modem and it all worked as expected!!

Weird!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement