Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC wont reboot Mobo ?

Options
  • 17-02-2016 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

possible mobo issue or psu ?
    Basically I got a basic PC for my mate on Hardwareversand about 10 months ago and its starting to fail, wouldn't boot at all a few weeks ago, swapped out the RAM and booted fine, checked the RAM on my rig and no boot, RAM back into old rig, no boot , so did a return to HW with it. PC was running fine after that, now the HDD has just packed in, managed to get the data before it finally kicked it so not too bad.
    When I installed the OS on the PC I noticed that a reboot would fail where a shut down would be fine, reboot shuts down but fails to start, just sits on a blank screenwith power on. I put it on the long finger at the time but thinking now it must be hardware fault. Any suggestions ?

Advertisement