Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eir

Options
  • 17-02-2016 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My father in law received a letter with an increase of 2euros a month. It also states that he can cancel his contract (bundle of phone, broadband and eMobile). On point of principle he wants to cancel (his contract is up regardless in a couple of months).

As having gone through this process in 2015 and having a horrendous experience with eircom customer service which eventually ended with involvement from Comreg can any of the Eir reps advise here in detail what is the correct process in cancelling the contract and having the option of moving to a new provider. 

Do you contact new provider and let them do it or contact Eir first as a formality. Appreciate any advice and direction on offer.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

tom23 wrote: »
    Hi there,

My father in law received a letter with an increase of 2euros a month. It also states that he can cancel his contract (bundle of phone, broadband and eMobile). On point of principle he wants to cancel (his contract is up regardless in a couple of months).

As having gone through this process in 2015 and having a horrendous experience with eircom customer service which eventually ended with involvement from Comreg can any of the Eir reps advise here in detail what is the correct process in cancelling the contract and having the option of moving to a new provider. 

Do you contact new provider and let them do it or contact Eir first as a formality. Appreciate any advice and direction on offer.

Many thanks in advance.
    Hi tom23

If moving to another provider please contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600 to give notification and then contact your chosen provider to instruct them to take over service. If your chosen provider does not use eirs infrastructure (like UPC) then you will need to whole service de-activated which will require a follow up email.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭tom23

Many thanks Alan. When I cancelled last year in the same circumstances I was told I had to return the modem even though it was three years old, is that the case still?

Many thanks Alan. When I cancelled last year in the same circumstances I was told I had to return the modem even though it was three years old, is that the case still?
    Cheers tom23

The modem for efibre broadband is required for return - if it's not an eFibre modem (F1000 or F2000)  then you can keep it :)

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Cheers tom23

The modem for efibre broadband is required for return - if it's not an eFibre modem (F1000 or F2000)  then you can keep it :)

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, I'll see what model it is.

Take it easy.

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Cheers tom23

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, I'll see what model it is.

Take it easy.
    No problem tom23

Al

• Advertisement

Hi al,

One more question on this. My father in law also has an eMobile phone. He got that with his original eircom bundle. Will cancelling Eir also cover the eMobile and is this a smooth process aswell. Will he be able to get the phone unlocked?

Many thanks 

Hi al,

One more question on this. My father in law also has an eMobile phone. He got that with his original eircom bundle. Will cancelling Eir also cover the eMobile and is this a smooth process aswell. Will he be able to get the phone unlocked?

Many thanks 
    Hi tom23

The best advice I can offer is to call eir cancellations for information on this - you can get through to them directly on 1800303600

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Buckley213

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Hi eir Alan,I've cancelling with eir as we're moving house. I put in the email request on the 5th Feb and rang that day too. I just checked our last bill but it says that it's for usage up to the 23rd March. Shouldn't it be up to the 4th March as this is the 30 days notice. Could you look into this for me. [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Buckley213 wrote: »
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Hi eir Alan,I've cancelling with eir as we're moving house. I put in the email request on the 5th Feb and rang that day too. I just checked our last bill but it says that it's for usage up to the 23rd March. Shouldn't it be up to the 4th March as this is the 30 days notice. Could you look into this for me. [/font]
    Hi Buckely213, 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll clarify this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,
    I sent those details on to you yesterday in a pm.

Regards,
    Buckley 213 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi Bucley123,

I will follow this up with Tracey and get back to you soon.

Thanks,

Tony

Thanks Tony,
    I'd like it resolved sooner rather thank later.

Regards,
    Buckley 213

Advertisement