Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attn: Eir

Options
  • 17-02-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

on the 27th January, I called up eircom to attempt to get Eir Fiber broadband installed in my new house.
    The signup went fine, contact and billing details obtained, and a confirmation email was sent, confirming account creation.

The following day I got an email confirming installation date, it was a Friday 12th Feb, and my wife was at home, so great, didn't have to arrange time off work. The day came, the guy from KN group arrived to install, and unfortunately there was an issue with the line, so the guy had to head on his way. It took him a few hours to come to this conclusion. No problem, the guy did what he could.

I called on the Friday evening, upon returning from work, to see if there was any update as to when it would be seen to/repaired.
    I was told that I'd have to call back on Saturday, to get a query escalation to a member of the wholesale team (but only as long as I called before 4:30). 
    I called on Saturday. The query couldn't be answered until Monday. Fine, no problem.
    Called Monday at 9:15, the reports were coming through to the Eir team from the KN group, so I'd have to call back later.
    Called again later that day. I was told that the installation people would have to fix the issue with the line, however it would be a 2 man job, and I could only be given a 'forecast' date as to when this may go ahead. The forecast date was the 26th of March, but the guys could show up anytime between Monday and then.
    I must say that the people I spoke to were very professional in how they dealt with the situation, and seem like nice people.

With a legitimate need for broadband, I figured I'd been waiting for two weeks already, another 6 weeks was going to be pretty much not possible.
    I decided I'd have to cancel the order, and try a different supplier. This was a shame, because I'd have been more than happy to be with eir.
    I went through with the cancellation process, and am currently waiting for the line to be released so I can check with alternate suppliers.
    _The very next day_ I get a call from KN group that they're at my house ready to fix the line and install the internet. I explained to them that the account had been cancelled for previously mentioned reason. I would have been more than happy to let them work away on the line, had I known they'd be there so soon, and had I been off work.
    They didn't sound best pleased, but how was I meant to know they'd arrive the next day?

Am I being unreasonable, here?
    I understand that technical difficulties can happen, but there was no problem cancelling a new account without checking with your contracted networking people what date they expected to resolve the issue.

I'm very disappointed that we couldn't get the desired outcome, and it's a shame that this could have been avoided by some communication with your contracted networking people.

If I lost a customer under these circumstances in my line of work, I'd be getting a reprimand.

EDIT:

Spoke to a guy called Derek in eir in Cork, scheduled an install appointment next week.

Get a call 5 mins later to say that that appointment cannot go ahead.

I swear to god I'm not making this **** up.

We have two business accounts with eircom, they will be promptly cancelled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭zoviea

Hi, I totally understand you!! I, from my personal experience find eir rubbish. I would advise no one to go with them. I took out a contract with them 2 years age. Reduced rate for the first year and them price was to go up..thats fine BUT what really happened was the price went up more than the contract had stated. I contacted them, they apologised, gave me credit, and next month same story , the price was more than promised. Making a very long story short they continued to charge me incorrect prices, sometimes crediting me and eventually telling me that me contract must be wrong and stands no ground to the price I was promised and I must pay the higher price!!!
    Contacted comreg to try to resolve it and they were good, resolved it for 1 month and then AGAIN charged wrong price, when I rang was told nothing can be done, that is the price even though I have a contract for a lesser price. Just been sneared at on the phone!! So annoying..WOULD ADVISE NOONE TO GO WITH EIR. 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Unless you have the option of virgin then cancelling the order was a mistake. 
    You order with eir
    Goes to KNN
    Cancel
    Wait for that to complete
    Order again
    Goes to KNN at the bottom of the list again
    Gets installed

It doesnt change what the techs do and adds delays.

They schedule based on 1 man 2hr installs, if you've got an issue its an exception and they can't immediately schedule it as its non standard. The chain of communication is 5 people long between you and the guy who comes out, this is the way openEir is setup. 

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭frawley2005

billbert and zoviea I completely understand and feel your fustration I have a topic here on boards.ie in the eir section I was told in September 2015 that I would be put on a special discounted rate .... which was untrue ... and every time I tried to do anything with eir my account must be the "exception" and no one knows why ... have a read of my topic ... ive been waiting since January to cancel and a month later they signed myself and my partner up to a new contract on our behalf and told us the September agreement was only going through now ... they are a company run by lies and incompetent people. 

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭zoviea

It's crazy, but what I can't understand is how they are getting away with this.
    Any other company would not! Empty promises and breaking contracts, that's all I ever hear about them. Just wish I had known before I joined them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

eircom operates a customer service guarantee. The service guarantee states that where eircom does not meet targets in relation to installation and fault repair customers may be entitled to a rebate as follows:

Installation: if eircom fails to install a line within 10 working days of eircom agreement to do so the customer can claim a credit of two months free line rental.

The rebate refers to PSTN installation only.

Repair: if eircom fails to clear faults within 2 working days customers can claim the equivalent of two months line rental.

The eircom rebate refers to PSTN fault repairs only and it does not apply in the circumstances outlined below:
      [*]Extreme weather conditions (eg storm, lightening, flooding)

[*]Serious damage to telecommunications equipment caused by a third party

[*]When a customer is unavailable to have their fault repaired in two working days

[*]When the customer agrees to an appointment date in excess of two working days

[*]If the fault is diagnosed as a non-fault (e.g. line working when tested, fault not in eircom’s network)

[*]Where a replacement telephone is dispatched by post

[*]Internal wiring and teleccommunication equipment within the customer premises or a third party property

[*]
      http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp#sthash.LT6YsKk2.dpuf

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭frawley2005

Grab All Association

We rang comreg in January and just like eir they did nothing.
      Told us that they were waiting to here back from eir and that they would then contact us...

We must be the "exception" to these rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

ED E wrote:
      They schedule based on 1 man 2hr installs, if you've got an issue its an exception and they can't immediately schedule it as its non standard. The chain of communication is 5 people long between you and the guy who comes out, this is the way openEir is setup.

The op doesn't have an issue. It's Eir that have the issue. It's not the op's problem that their setup is rubbish and anti customer service.

Advertisement