Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Sessions 2016

Options
  • 17-02-2016 1:12pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

12744681_10154080390844369_4554931116240395259_n.jpg?oh=921f1f423474605e4bda3ee9fe589ea5&oe=576A742E&__gda__=1466272788_9fdd764a80c0d644f9512129adaa632a

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

when is the day-by- day line up usually released? are there other acts to be announced?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

holly8 wrote: »
    when is the day-by- day line up usually released? are there other acts to be announced?

Not sure about the day by day but more acts being announced in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I bought a Camping Weekend ticket, but looks like I should've bought a Boutique Camping weekend ticket (That's where people I'm going with bought).
    I'd imagine it'll be easy enough to move on at face value?

Or is it possible to 'upgrade'?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Headliners are split by day now. Primal Scream are on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Thinking of going to this with a few friends. Does anyone know what this is like? What is the capacity and is it only 1 stage for music. Any bitta craic around.

• Advertisement

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/0609/794416-primal-scream-cancel-sea-sessions-gig-due-to-injury/
    Primal Scream have cancelled all of their live shows until mid August, including the headline slot at Sea Sessions in Bundoran, due to injuries sustained by front man Bobby Gillespie after he fell from the stage in Switzerland last week.

Primal Scream,are promoting their 11th studio album Chaosmosis and were due to play a number of date in Europe this summer.Friday and Saturday day tickets for Sea Sessions are now sold out but there are very limited weekend tickets remaining. Among the many other acts featuring at this year’s Sea Sessions are Tinie Tempah, Gavin James, 99 Souls, Apres Match, Bad Manners and HamsandwicH.

The Scottish band were due to play the Saturday night of the Donegal festival on June 24 and will now be replaced by Irish trio Ash. However, Primal Scream have already been confirmed for next year's Sea Sessions.

53-year-old Gillespie slipped from the stage and fell into the crowd as the band played at Swiss music festival Caribana on June 2, which resulted in a premature end to Primal Scream's set.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thinking of going to this with a few friends. Does anyone know what this is like? What is the capacity and is it only 1 stage for music. Any bitta craic around.

Maybe about two and a half to three thousand, there are three stages the main marquee for the headliners, normally a smaller marquee for up and coming national and local Irish bands and a dance tent with guest DJs thats what it was in 2010 anyway. Its a cool wee fest, great views of the beach, Bundoran funfair carnival which makes it feel like part of the festival and the festival grounds itself.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

http://seasessions.com/primal-scream-statement/

FFS.. :mad:
    Indie Punk outfit the legendary ASH, who have a string of hits including ‘Girl from Mars’, ‘Shining Light’, ‘Burn Baby Burn’ have agreed to perform on the Saturday night spot vacated by Primal Scream. ASH are one of the best festival bands you will see this year and will be adding Sea Sessions to a list of other festivals they are headlining around the globe including Indiependence in Ireland.

With all due respect to Ash, they are not the type of band I would like to see replace Primal Scream.

Any chance of getting a refund on the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Majority of the cash if not all, was splashed on Primal Scream. Rest of the acts, well your scraping the barrel.

With them taken off the bill, the attraction plummets.

I'm trying to convince myself to not change any plans. Go to the gig, and have a good time.

The problem is, I'm not a big fan of Ash, Tinie Tempah or Gavin James. It was worth the weekend €100 ticket when Primal Scream were playing, and fair play to Ash for stepping in on such short notice, but unfortunately I don't really know their music that well, and the few songs that I do know, don't have me very excited at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

At 2 weeks notice it's near impossible to find a top notch replacement with Sea Sessions budget. **** situation for everyone.

I saw ASH a couple of years ago, I only knew a few tunes prior and wouldn't have been considered a fan but they put on a seriously good live gig. I'm gonna see them at Indiependance next month and really looking forward to them. Newest album is quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Cany anyone send me a time table of activities or stage times please?

I cant seem to find on anywhere and i cant download the one on the sea sessions site.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Getting close - any recommendations worth seeing from the lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Has anyone ever camped at this before, whats it like? <e and a few mates are heading for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I camped 2 years ago and it was great craic - the weather was spectacular though which definitely made it. I've a good group of buddies who camped last year too when it was pouring down and they said it was still great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

I wouldn't let the rain damping my spirits (excuse the pun) the weather is a bit iffy but it'll be grand. Heading up tomorrow so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thunder and lightening apparently happening there today.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Thunder and lightening apparently happening there today.

I didn't go in the end, and I didn't sell my ticket. :mad:

Is the rain bad?
    I searched weather on google and it says it's cloudy but mild.

Tried Periscope, got a couple of French girls in Bundoran, but they were in a house, not at the gig, and couldn't see the weather. I was debating going up today, but it it's heavy rain today an tomorrow, I might give it a miss.

Livecam of Bundoran, but only the sea. Can't see anything else, a bit late, but for the weather.
    http://www.bundoransurfco.com/webcam/

• Advertisement

The weather is ok. Cloudy, black skies but no big rain.

Advertisement