Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Broadband Macroom West

Options
  • 17-02-2016 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Can you advise when the Macroom West (MRW1_E01) Cabinet will be Fibre enabled?

I can see from the Fibrerollout.ie site this is due for completion Winter/Sping 2016 but no further information specific to the date is available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

gurteen wrote: »
    Can you advise when the Macroom West (MRW1_E01) Cabinet will be Fibre enabled?

I can see from the Fibrerollout.ie site this is due for completion Winter/Sping 2016 but no further information specific to the date is available.
    Hi gurteen

The most up to date timeframe we have on MRW1_E01 is that it is due for launch within the next 12 months. Unfortuantely we do not have a more specific indication beyond this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gurteen

Thanks Alan

Can you please inform me if a more specific Date becomes available .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Thanks Alan

Can you please inform me if a more specific Date becomes available .
    Of course gurteen

If you don't hear from me before the summer please get back in touch here :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 31 suaimhneas_de

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Of course gurteen

If you don't hear from me before the summer please get back in touch here :)

Al

Hi..
    My understanding is that MRW1_E01 is a new cabinet. In which case, any idea as to what homes it will serve and will it help any houses that are currently direct connect to the exchange in town...

I also see that Macroom West is on the list of rural fibre rollout..
    http://m.independent.ie/business/technology/eir-announces-new-broadband-rollout-is-your-town-on-the-list-34507725.html

Any idea where we can get more info on this and who is lucky enough to get fibre...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi suaimhneas_de,

If your line is connected to these cabinets should be able to avail of the new FTTH service once it goes live. Please feel free to PM me and I will check what cabinet you are connected to.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 suaimhneas_de

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi suaimhneas_de,

If your line is connected to these cabinets should be able to avail of the new FTTH service once it goes live. Please feel free to PM me and I will check what cabinet you are connected to.

Tony
    Hi Tony..

I pinged you an IM..

Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi suaimhneas_de,

Tony
    Hi Tony..

I pinged you an IM..

Thanks..
    No problem suaimhneas_de,
    We'll be back to you soon.

Pamela 

Good Evening
    I have noticed that the Exchange details for MRW1_E01 have changed on the eir fibrerollout.ie site.
    The status is now "Fibre Build commenced - completion work in progress "
    Can you advise if further details are available regarding this Exchange as well as a date when fibre will be available ?

Good Evening
    I have noticed that the Exchange details for MRW1_E01 have changed on the eir fibrerollout.ie site.
    The status is now "Fibre Build commenced - completion work in progress "
    Can you advise if further details are available regarding this Exchange as well as a date when fibre will be available ?
    According to our latest deployment plan which was released in March eir estimated this cabinet would be live in 3-6 months gurteen.
    Feel free to check back with me in a few weeks and I'll check this again.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gccgandalf

Hi Pamela, any news on Macroom West? I spoke to an eir engineer today who visited my house and said an upgrade to the exchange was imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

gccgandalf wrote: »
    Hi Pamela, any news on Macroom West? I spoke to an eir engineer today who visited my house and said an upgrade to the exchange was imminent.
    It's going live on August 10th, as per www.fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when

marno21 wrote: »
    gccgandalf wrote: »
    It's going live on August 10th, as per www.fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when
    That's correct marno21. :) 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kaezee

That's correct

-Pamela 
    Oooops.

Status reverted to "completion work is in progress"

What happened? :|

Hi Pamela/ Eir
    Can you advise if the rollout of Fibre to the Macroom West Exchange is imminent ?
    The date was initially set to Spring/Summer 2016 then updated to August 10th but fibre is still not available.
    I see from the Fibrerollout.ie website that the latest information states Spring 2017 and also early/mid 2017!!!!!
    The broadband Coverage map on Eir.ie describes how the exchange will be enabled within 6 weeks.
    Can you give a more concrete update on when fibre will be rolled out and also when FTTH will be available on this exchange?

Hi Pamela/ Eir
    Can you advise if the rollout of Fibre to the Macroom West Exchange is imminent ?
    The date was initially set to Spring/Summer 2016 then updated to August 10th but fibre is still not available.
    I see from the Fibrerollout.ie website that the latest information states Spring 2017 and also early/mid 2017!!!!!
    The broadband Coverage map on Eir.ie  describes how the exchange will be enabled within 6 weeks.
    Can you give a more concrete update on when fibre will be rolled out and also when FTTH will be available on this exchange?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]gurteen,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked our latest NGA deployment plan & we have estimated services should be ready to order in 3-6 months. Apologies I could not offer you better news.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 prenda2k

Is there any further update for an ETA for the Fiber to this cabinet, this for promised for spring 2016 and earlier if I recall correctly, now we are one year on and still no Fiber! All other cabinets in the town have Fiber enabled with some time now so what is the hold up with this one?

The existing broadband is going from bad to worse, the speeds are dropping down to under 1MB in the evenings, streaming is impossible, latency increases and packet loss is pretty bad causing most applications to break, basically at times it is just not useable.

prenda2k wrote: »
    Is there any further update for an ETA for the Fiber to this cabinet, this for promised for spring 2016 and earlier if I recall correctly, now we are one year on and still no Fiber! All other cabinets in the town have Fiber enabled with some time now so what is the hold up with this one?

The existing broadband is going from bad to worse, the speeds are dropping down to under 1MB in the evenings, streaming is impossible, latency increases and packet loss is pretty bad causing most applications to break, basically at times it is just not useable.
    Hi prenda2k,

I'm afraid we have no further updates at the minute as we are awaiting a new release of our efibre deployment plan. We are expecting to have this within the next few weeks & hopefully will have further information for you then.

I can understand your frustration & I'm genuinely sorry I could not offer you better news today.:(

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela/ Eir
    Is there any update on  the rollout of Fibre to the Macroom West Exchange ?
    Can you advise if the NGA Deployment Plan has being updated with any new information ?

The broadband Coverage map on Eir.ie describes how the exchange will be enabled within 6 weeks but this status has being posted on the website since November !!!!.
    Can you provide a more concrete timing as to when fibre will be available?

Hi Pamela/ Eir
    Is there any update on  the rollout of Fibre to the Macroom West Exchange ?
    Can you advise if the NGA Deployment Plan has being updated with any new information ?

The broadband Coverage map on Eir.ie describes how the exchange will be enabled within 6 weeks but this status has being posted on the website since November !!!!.
    Can you provide a more concrete timing as to when fibre will be available?
    Hi  gurteen,

I have checked this on our new NGA deployment plan and the forecasted lead time is still 3-6 months I'm afraid.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emhvoy

Every year the same story. Since three years I have waited for an upgrade and you always say 3-6 months. I am sick of it. I pay 75 Euros every months for internet speeds below 1MBIT and my house is 700 meters away from the exchange. You have not even started the eFibre upgrade in this area. 

• Advertisement

emhvoy wrote: »
    Every year the same story. Since three years I have waited for an upgrade and you always say 3-6 months. I am sick of it. I pay 75 Euros every months for internet speeds below 1MBIT and my house is 700 meters away from the exchange. You have not even started the eFibre upgrade in this area. 
    Hi emhvoy, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I understand your frustration with this however the roll out of Fibre in an area can take some time and forecasted dates can change due to many factors I'm afraid. 

The service is subject to availability and not all customers will be able to avail of the service unfortunately. 

Thanks 

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 prenda2k

Hi Pamela,

The fibrerollout.ie site now shows FTTH availability from April 5, I am about 800 metres from the exchange but have not received any notification of Fiber coming soon. Can you PM me to confirm my line is going to the Macroom West Exchange?

There is a rural Fiber line running out the Millstreet road going to Clondrohid and I have seen on Social media today FTTH availability in Clondrohid with speeds of 1000Mbps, a small village 2 miles outside the town now has Fiber, yet we still wait in the town for this to be available.

Thanks,
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi prenda2k,

Can you please PM me your eircode and I will have a look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna.

Hi
    The map on fibrerollout.ie has being updated for the Macroom West Exchange
    The status now reads as "120 premises in this exchange can now access 1000Mb/s fibre"
    I have calculated that I am about 620 meters from the exchange
    Can you advise what premises have access and If I am within range of getting FTTH ?

Regards
    Padraig

Hi gurteen,

Unfortunately, we would be unable to see exactly which premises are eligible in the area. 

I will look into this further to see if you are enabled or if there is an estimated date as to when you may be able to receive fibre.

Thanks,
    Anna.

I have checked your line and I can see there is an estimated date for fibre going live after 10/05/17 on your premises on your premises.

I would recommend getting back in touch with us after this date and we can check your line again.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you better news.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Hi

Can you advise if more premises on Macroom West  Exchange  went live yesterday as planned ?

Hi

Can you advise if more premises on Macroom West  Exchange  went live yesterday as planned ?
    Hi gurteen,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Cabinet MRW1_E01 was expected to go live yesterday however, this is not showing on the rollout plan just yet.

Can you please PM me your account number, full name and eircode and I would be more than happy to look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement