Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameboy (DMG-01) Replacement Shell

• 17-02-2016 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

I seen an old bruised & battered original Gameboy on Ebay there a little while back, so figured I should probably bid on it because I got one of those replacement shells off Steve a while back. It (the one on ebay) was also badly yellowed, & while I could have brought it back using Retrobrite, I decided I'd use the spare shell because I want to bivert mod the screen soon anyway, & I may as well have a minty fresh GB with a biverted screen. Anyway,

Old one, bruised, battered, & yellowed

20160216_170401.jpg

Side by Side with the replacement shell - you can better see the yellowing here. The phone can't capture it well, but it's really quite yellowed in reality

20160216_170537.jpg

Disembowelment

20160216_171306.jpg

All done

20160216_174709.jpg

The replacement shells are not 100%, and they need some minor sanding on the interior, to allow the board to sit lower than they would seem to allow. If not done, the d-pad & buttons set way too low. I spend a while doing some light sanding in certain key areas of the case last night, and ended up getting a perfect fit. Next up is to bivert it, few weeks away before I've the time to do it though :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

It looks pretty nice. I'd love to get my hands on a replacement shell and mess around with one of my spare GBs!

Let us know whenever you get onto the bivert mod! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Linoud wrote: »
    It looks pretty nice. I'd love to get my hands on a replacement shell and mess around with one of my spare GBs!

Let us know whenever you get onto the bivert mod! :p

Yeah i need Steve to print a gameboy case for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

eddhorse wrote: »
    Yeah i need Steve to print a gameboy case for me too.

Those cases are not printed. I just got a bunch in from China :)

Advertisement