Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

only SATA cables that came with ASROCK mobo see drives

Options
  • 17-02-2016 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

I recently built my first Pc
    Mobo - ASROCK H97M PRO4 -

It has a ssd with windows 10

I have been using a 3TB HGST enterprise drive for storage

Today I added a Green WD 4TB - When I plug in SATA cable that came with board I can see drive

When I plug in new sata cable - I can see drive

However - when I plug new sata 6 cable into 3tb and sata cable that came with board into 4tb WD I can only see one drive

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Check your mobo manual to see the layut of the SATA ports. My friend had to go in the order of 1, 2, 3 and 4 otherwise the BIOS wouldn't detect a drive or two.
    Most ports go Odd Number (top row) and Even number (bottom row) but always double check.
    If that doesn't work, just try every port until you see your desired drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Thanks - could it be the cables or the fact that one drive is a desktop drive and the other drive is an enterprise drive?

Advertisement