Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting domain and hosting

Options
  • 17-02-2016 5:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

Wanting to know the next steps after building my website. I have my own domain purchased since before xmass, built my own website last few weeks and now I need to know my next steps to get it on the internet.

I bought my domain with hosting Ireland and built my website on wix using one of their templates. I now want to connect my domain name to my six site and get it hosted somewhere. How do I go about these 2 steps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

shugy wrote: »
    Wanting to know the next steps after building my website. I have my own domain purchased since before xmass, built my own website last few weeks and now I need to know my next steps to get it on the internet.

I bought my domain with hosting Ireland and built my website on wix using one of their templates. I now want to connect my domain name to my six site and get it hosted somewhere. How do I go about these 2 steps?

Connect the A to the right IP.
    and MX if you want to use your own mail server

or NS1 and NS2 if you didnt setup the correct DNS yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭shugy

Asmooh wrote: »
    Connect the A to the right IP.
    and MX if you want to use your own mail server

or NS1 and NS2 if you didnt setup the correct DNS yet.

Everything above, i dont understand. Dont know what a mail server is, an mx, Ns1,Ns2 or even a dns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

shugy wrote: »
    Everything above, i dont understand. Dont know what a mail server is, an mx, Ns1,Ns2 or even a dns.

Then I don't understand why even bother... you should have bought a package for everything at one provider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Go to YouTube or ask in development forum. I'm sure wix has some tutorials as well.

I use Blacknight for hosting, and think they are great for any technical questions. Their live chat has always sorted me out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Asmooh wrote: »
    Then I don't understand why even bother... you should have bought a package for everything at one provider

Sometimes it's not possible to get everything from a single provider.

FYI the OP has nearly completed his website with the assistance of some helpful posters on another thread.

Advertisement