Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Size 16-18 outfit for wedding.

• 17-02-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭

Hi girls and guys!

I'm going shopping tomorrow for a wedding outfit (guest) and I just thought I'd ask if you could recommend some shops that would stock size 16-18? (female; in my late twenties)

I know NewLook and Evans would but are they any more?
    I'll be in Dublin city centre so I suppose I've more choice?

I'm currently losing weight so I don't really want to spend a lot of money on something that won't fit me in a few months.
    Maximum spend on a dress & possible jacket: €100.
    Would I get something nice for that?

I do have extra money but I need that for shoes, a bag and getting my hair done.
    Any shop suggestions are greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

TK Maxx maybe. Monsoon sale is worth a look. Debenhams sale again is worth a look. I am bot familar with shops in Dublin so sorry for just naming chain stores. I know this might sound daft but have a browse through some charity shops. You might find something without having to spend much. No point buying something expensive that you will have slimmed out of soon☺. Have a ball at the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Hey OP,

Oasis! They don't stock a lot of larger sizes but you can buy online and return to store.

Enjoy the wedding by the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Marks and Spencer? They have a 20% off code at the minute FEB16EM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Asos Curve have lovely stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks for those suggestions everyone, you've been so helpful!
    And thanks; I'm looking forward to the wedding :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

ChiChi London have a great plus size range and are very pretty. They're online so more of a gamble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Dolbert wrote: »
    Asos Curve have lovely stuff

Wheres Curve please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Wheres Curve please?

Curves is a section on the ASOS site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Miaireland wrote: »
    Curves is a section on the ASOS site.

Oh thanks!

I misread the post as "ALSO Curves have lovely stuff" - DOH!

Advertisement