Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7/8 week short term rent Galway city / Outskirts

Options
  • 17-02-2016 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    We currently live in Galway city and we're getting some renovations done on our house. Unfortunately we will have to move out for 7/8 weeks while the work is getting done. There are 2 of us and a 1yo baby. We have to be gone by March 19th as the building work starts on Monday the 21st. We have looked for properties online that would suit but all we seem to find are UK based holiday lets who only do 28 days max at a time. It's not possible to stay in the house while the work is getting done as there will be no water or electric for days at a time (the house is getting pretty much gutted) and especially with a young baby.
    Would anyone have any ideas on where to look or who to contact as we would like to get this sorted sooner rather than later.
    Any opinions, idea's or suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

AirBnB: look for a suitable place, make a booking for a day and then once you're in touch with the owner negotiate in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

I'd just ring up a few of the numbers in the classifieds of the Advertiser and the like... Many landlords would be happy enough to take on a short-term rental - any rental income is better than leaving it empty.
    Alternatively, go to a property management agency, like Winters, they'd have a few short-term lets in the books I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yintang wrote: »
    I'd just ring up a few of the numbers in the classifieds of the Advertiser and the like... Many landlords would be happy enough to take on a short-term rental - any rental income is better than leaving it empty.
    Alternatively, go to a property management agency, like Winters, they'd have a few short-term lets in the books I'm sure.

You obviously dont realise that there's a huge shortage of rental properties.

The OP's best hope is to convince someone who usually does very short term holiday let's to do a longer one at an acceptable price.

Won't be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

Got a place for the duration we needed,
    Thanks to all for the replies :)
    Mod's please close this thread now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Closed on request and mod agreement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement