Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Fitting Limerick

Options
  • 17-02-2016 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

Question, has anybody had a good bike fit in Limerick?

Are Evolution Cycles any good? They seem to be the only ones advertising a good fitting service, I know all shops will do a quick fit on purchase but I'm looking for a bit more of a full proper fit that I can keep the data and use it on other bikes I have to try get similar setups etc

I know Raw cycles do a fit too but not sure I think they just use a computer software style fit.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eoin956

I have got the bike fit service in raw and its very good. Would highly recommend it...

Tobin15 wrote: »
    Hi,

Question, has anybody had a good bike fit in Limerick?

Are Evolution Cycles any good? They seem to be the only ones advertising a good fitting service, I know all shops will do a quick fit on purchase but I'm looking for a bit more of a full proper fit that I can keep the data and use it on other bikes I have to try get similar setups etc

I know Raw cycles do a fit too but not sure I think they just use a computer software style fit.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mezzanine08

I recommended The Bike Shop on O'Connell Street, opposite the pharmacy up that way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

if you're looking for the measure your inseam, set your saddle height accordingly then i'm sure any of the shops above will work fine.

if you're looking for a more performance based fit, then a trip to bikefit.ie up in oranmore is highly recommended. been up a couple of times, has the proper setup to allow tweaking on the fly on his setup and then transfers it back to your bike, meaning you can tweak the setup for best power/best pedal stroke.

it's a different level of fit, might not be what you are looking for, but if it is James is one of the few i'd trust to get it right. i had a basic fit done out in Planet tri in killaloe before that and no complaints on that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Sorry for the Zombie Post, but has anyone done a bike fit from the Hub on the coonagh roundabout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

No but I'd be pretty confident that they know their stuff. Did you get a new bike?

• Advertisement

No but I'd be pretty confident that they know their stuff. Did you get a new bike?

Not yet, but would like a fitting, in the case of looking for a new bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

The Hub and Raw Cycles will do a fit for you on a new bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

The Hub and Raw Cycles will do a fit for you on a new bike.

The hub fitted me for my bike I bought elsewhere. Think i paid around 35€.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Sorry for the Zombie Post, but has anyone done a bike fit from the Hub on the coonagh roundabout?

Brought my racing bike in the Hub and got fitted there. Excellent service and would 100% recommend.

panda100 wrote: »
    Brought my racing bike in the Hub and got fitted there. Excellent service and would 100% recommend.

Will the fitting for my current bike, give me any useful information for buying a bike online.

Don't have the budget I thought for new bike. Have about 5 grand to spend on important home repairs:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement