Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubuntu Meizu PRO 5 phone

Options
  • 17-02-2016 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

"Meizu PRO 5 features a Samsung Exynos 7420 Octa-core processor, a 5.7-inch 1920x1080 AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, and LPDDR4 memory technology.[..] Meizu PRO 5 was initially launched back in September 2015. Users will also get a 21 MP back camera, and the phone can shoot video at and 30fps. It also comes with a fingerprint sensor and a Li-Ion 3050 mAh battery with fast charging"

Anyone have Meizu PRO 5? How good is the battery and the camera in 4k mode?

More here: http://news.softpedia.com/news/meizu-pro-5-ubuntu-edition-announced-and-it-s-a-beast-photos-500526.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Every time I read about a new Ubuntu phone I get excited, and then on further reading I decide to wait for "the next one". This time the thing that's putting me off is that "the PRO 5 lacks MHL output".

I don't think it'd be a deal breaker if I needed a new phone but I have a decent spec'd working android. I'd be interested in hearing reviews though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

The lack of MHL is strange considering what ubuntu wants to do, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I have a raspberry pi2 connected to a tv, so it should handle that problem easily with some remote session if I really need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Hi Przemof,

Did you get this phone in the end? How is it working out?

I'm very tempted by the new BQ tablet but with a lot needing to be done around the house it will probably be a few months before i get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

hooplah wrote: »
    Hi Przemof,

Did you get this phone in the end? How is it working out?

I'm very tempted by the new BQ tablet but with a lot needing to be done around the house it will probably be a few months before i get it.

Nope, it never happened. Same here - other money draining activities are more important now.

Advertisement