Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming & streaming PC build and I need help

Options
  • 17-02-2016 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Build Help/Ready:

What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better. playing games like GTA V, fall out 4, minecraft and CSgo and live stream on twitch
    If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? (Screen resolution, FPS, game settings)
    1080P with medium to high setting with 30 FPS when live streaming I don't mind going down to 720P
    What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?
    €470
    In what country are you purchasing your parts?
    I am purchasing my parts from Germany **Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please).

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB Dual WindForce Video Card
    Power Supply: Corsair VS 550W ATX Power Supply
    Case: aerocool CS-1102 Midi-Tower black

Provide any additional details you wish below.
    I am hoping to order tonight im just wondering will the I5 be okay to steam with? I.E can i stream with it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What software do you plan to stream with?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 StigBoy99

OBS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

The processor is fine but I really would try to bump up to a GTX 960 if GTA V is a desired streaming option. It will definitely work on the 950 but it would be more comfortable on the 960. Other than that it looks good! An SSD is another upgrade option but if you are on a tight budget you can hold off on that for now :D Can always clone onto an SSD in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Guessing OP is a young lad?

Go with the 950, and save like mad. Second hand 390 and 970 market will explode when Polaris is released, the 950 will do for a while, it's a good card

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Guessing OP is a young lad?

Go with the 950, and save like mad. Second hand 390 and 970 market will explode when Polaris is released, the 950 will do for a while, it's a good card

This this this this this this.
    You might even be able to sell the 950 on for about €100 and put it toward a 390/970.

• Advertisement
Advertisement