Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longboat Quay Apartments - average rent

Options
  • 17-02-2016 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm doing some research on the average renting cost for 3 bedroom apartments in the Longboat Quay buildings. I'm living there at the moment and am going through rent negotiations. Given the insane level of media coverage the safety issues here have seen, I would have thought rental increases would be kept to a minimum.

If anybody lives or knows people living in these buildings I'd appreciate your insight on monthly rent, particularly for 3 beds. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

In a squeeze on any market you'll always get people who are not risk averse (like yourself) who will go in at not much below market value feeling they go a bargain. Essentially it's basic supply and demand. Yes the demand is reduced somewhat, but not enough to make a massive difference on rents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

In a squeeze on any market you'll always get people who are not risk averse (like yourself) who will go in at not much below market value feeling they go a bargain. Essentially it's basic supply and demand. Yes the demand is reduced somewhat, but not enough to make a massive difference on rents.

Agreed, and since you're not inheriting any long term risk for costs of rectification works as a tenant, there's very little impact on you financially for the fire issues in the block.

I see one 3-bed advertised at €2900/month in Longboat Quay on daft.ie. Other 3-beds in the Hanover block beside Longboat Quay are going for 3500 and 4250, so it looks like Longboat Quay is already being advertised lower than the surrounding areas, which is already pretty much the highest demand area of the city.

Now the real question, what's your current rent and what's the proposed rent and how does that stack up against these?

Advertisement