Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Dublin city?

Options
  • 17-02-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I'm going to Dublin city by St. Stephens green tomorrow. Was hope to park near red cow and get luas, but strike has upset that plan. Whats parking like in the city? Is there on street parking? Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I imagine the all day car parking facilities will be at a premium in the city tomorrow with many driving in that would usually take the luas. There is the Stephens Green car park itself as well as one off South William St. (name of it escapes me now!) as well as others like Jervis or Arnotts a bit further away.

There are a few on street spaces along the Leeson St side of the green but they have a limited maximum duration. There's usually some spaces available on Hatch Street or Adelaide Road (by the Eye and Ear hospital) which might do either, but again limited on time.

To be honest if I was you I'd be looking at parking somewhere a little bit outside the city and taking a bus or DART in. UCD would be a good bet but I'm not sure how busy the parking is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There is parking at quickpark at the royal college of surgeons/ Stephens green shopping centre.
    Its 2 car parks joined together at the 5th floor. It also expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

There is parking at quickpark at the royal college of surgeons/ Stephens green shopping centre.
    Its 2 car parks joined together at the 5th floor. It also expensive.

Indeed, almost 4 euro an hour! I'd head for somewhere on the dart line as suggested. The further out, the cheaper the parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Daithi07 wrote: »
    I'm going to Dublin city by St. Stephens green tomorrow. Was hope to park near red cow and get luas, but strike has upset that plan. Whats parking like in the city? Is there on street parking? Appreciate any advice.

All parking within in the city and inner suburbs is metered. It is checked heavily in the city, so you cant risk it without being clamped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I'm expecting the parking around the DART stations to be 'interesting' tomorrow. Thinking of moving the car out of the drive and charging a €1 an hour :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Park in the connolly car park?
    8 or 9 euro for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Coming from Limerick you'd be better off parking in Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Do busses come into the Red Cow Park and Ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The inter bus services to/from the airport/Limerick/Cork etc etc stop at the Red Cow Park and Ride stop. I don't think any Dublin Bus routes go in there. The number 13 stops at Monastery Road, which isn't far away. That'll take you into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Incidentally for anyone stuck next time this happens, there was plenty of parking near Kilbarrack station, not that it's ideal in relation to motorway access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

To be honest if I was you I'd be looking at parking somewhere a little bit outside the city and taking a bus or DART in. UCD would be a good bet but I'm not sure how busy the parking is there.

For anyone thinking of doing this be aware that UCD is now permit parking with a limited number of pay and display spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kidfromkibbly

There's an all day car park on Francis street beside the Tivoli Theatre. Easy to drive to from quays and 10 minute walk to Grafton street.

Or if you're coming from St.Stephen's Green, you can drive across to Kevin street, up Patrick street and across to Francis street without too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

There's an all day car park on Francis street beside the Tivoli Theatre. Easy to drive to from quays and 10 minute walk to Grafton street.

Or if you're coming from St.Stephen's Green, you can drive across to Kevin street, up Patrick street and across to Francis street without too much hassle.

But how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kidfromkibbly

But how much is it?

€12.50 daily rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

I booked with drury Street underground car par online the night before. 14.50 daily rate.
    Very central. They even Park the car and bring it back out for collection for you.

Advertisement