Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landline costs

Options
  • 17-02-2016 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

My dad has an Eircom landline for years. A guy from Pure Telecom called today and dad signed up. He has a ,10 day cooling off period.

He is an oap and wants to keep the landline.

He has a mobile but wants to keep the llandline.

He'd be a light to moderate user.

Could any one teccommend a provider or should he just stay with Eir?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

What's wrong with the deal he signed up for?

I used to work for a couple of Telcos and often enough, I would sign up someone for a better deal (and I wouldn't sign someone up if it wasn't going to save them money, or give better value) and then you get a call, or complaint from a family member who say their loved one was signed up for a deal and they shouldn't have. The reasons we used to get were ridiculous. You would understand if a mentally challenged person was incorrectly signed up, but by jaysus, there were some crackers. "My grandad used to work for Telecom Eireann, so you shouldn't have signed my mum up", is one odd one I remember. Or the common one "No, Eircom give the free line rental to OAPs" :rolleyes: .

If there is something wrong with the deal and if your dad isn't capable of making adult decisions, then by all means, do something. Otherwise, let him get on with it.

If he has Virgin Media, he could get the phone line with them and use the virgin media phone app to make calls from his mobile, using the virgin media minutes (which might be unlimited, depending on the plan.)

Advertisement