Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Electric Shower

Options
  • 17-02-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Probably a silly question, but here goes as I know nada about such electrical appliances.

In an en-suite bedroom, I had a new (well replacement) electric shower installed by a competent plumber about 3 years ago but it has never been used! Just one of those things.

Now I am afraid to try it to see if it works? Am I being a total eejit? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

suitseir wrote: »
    Probably a silly question, but here goes as I know nada about such electrical appliances.

In an en-suite bedroom, I had a new (well replacement) electric shower installed by a competent plumber about 3 years ago but it has never been used! Just one of those things.

Now I am afraid to try it to see if it works? Am I being a total eejit? :o

Run it on cold setting.

Then use away once water is running through.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You don't say if it is mains fed or tank fed. A tank fed shower will have a pump. It's possible that the pump could be seized & may need replacing. You'll find out once you turn it on.
    Pumped showers should be run for 30 seconds every 2 weeks if they're not being used. This will ensure that the pump doesn't seize up.
    Fingers crossed your shower will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

It is not pumped. Fed from tank in attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

suitseir wrote:
    It is not pumped. Fed from tank in attic.

You need a Pumped electric shower if it is from the tank. Mains fed showers don't have pumps but tank fed need a pump unless the tank is 4 stories above the shower

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You need a Pumped electric shower if it is from the tank. Mains fed showers don't have pumps but tank fed need a pump unless the tank is 4 stories above the shower

Ok. Am not an expert. So you are saying the pump is within the shower unit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

suitseir wrote: »
    Ok. Am not an expert. So you are saying the pump is within the shower unit?

Correct.

Triton t90 and similar will be ideal.

Make sure it's the right one.

Correct.

Triton t90 and similar will be ideal.

Make sure it's the right one.

Got it sorted. Working fine. Thanks.

Advertisement