Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2016 Study Log

Options
  • 17-02-2016 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I'm using this purely as a resource of motivation. My mocks start this Monday and whilst looking through the papers I have realised how little I know!

The subjects I'm doing are;
    English
    Math
    German
    Business
    Religion
    Art

All at higher level.

I'm aiming towards 500 points but at the moment would be lucky to get 420. I've no idea what I want to do after this year so I'm trying to keep my options open by aiming high.

This week I've been doing a good bit of study considering the mocks start on Monday.

This morning I got up at 10 and done maths paper one until 4pm. I'm really behind in regards to logs etc and paper one is my very first exam!

It's 8:30 now so I think I'll write out some notes for religion to have ready for learning in the morning. It's hard to know where to start with religion. It's the first year our school is teaching it so our teacher is extremely inexperienced. She gives difficult notes as well, I find the language used very long winded.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 summer98

Right so I got my religion notes done but I am having a slight **** attack. I just realised how little I know. If i sat an exam right now I would most definitely fail! Ive had to stop studying because my brain is in a whirlwind atm.

Tomorrow im super busy but the plan is to get up as early as possible (we will see how I feel in the morning...)

Maths- Logs and Indices notes to be written out
    Do a full paper one (see where my gaps are) 3hrs 30mins

Business- Nail Unit 7 (answer 2/3 exam question) 2hrs

Religion- Study Irish Experience by writing out notes 3hrs

8 hrs of study..christ almighty

It'll be worth it by June!

Only got my religion done today unfortunately (well most of it) but I'm starting to feel on top of the various sections

Tomorrow:

Maths: do my logs and indices notes briefly because time is starting to run out.
    Get a sample paper finished
    3hrs

Business: work on unit 7 exam questions by bullet pointing how I would answer them & refer to the marking schemes afterward.
    Possssibly look at insurance
    2hrs

Religion: finish out notes
    Do exam paper question similar to how I will answer the business one
    2hrs

Art: Learn my Museum question by rewriting and perfecting from past exams
    1hr

If I start at 9 I'll be done at 6:30 including breaks so that's not to bad!
    As of tomorrow it is only 3 days until my mocks begin.

At the beginning of the week I wrote a list of what I need to know for each subject, and barley any is ticked off..epp we will hope for the best

I'm really feeling anxious now. I've studied everyday this week but feel like nothing has improved😳😳

Religion- Search for meaning and Values and Christianity today

Maths- I will write out all the constructions and theorems I need to know and learn them

Business- Unit 6

Art-Learn Masaccio essay
    Read over museum essay

Advertisement