Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir broadband,tv,home phone,4g mobile €25

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Jesper wrote: »
    Eir = Eircom.

I wouldn't go near them if it was free. Personal experience has been absolutely disastrous. I can't convey my frustration with the product during my time with them (new house install). Hard to understand until an issue arrives but it will be all to apparent then.

New house install as well. No problems at all for the last year.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

FYI, don't forget the €100 cashback as well, which has another week left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Jesper wrote: »
    Eir = Eircom.

I wouldn't go near them if it was free. Personal experience has been absolutely disastrous. I can't convey my frustration with the product during my time with them (new house install). Hard to understand until an issue arrives but it will be all to apparent then.

Precisely what I was going to post. They are an absolute nightmare to deal with if anything goes wrong or when they try and swindle you into a contract by offering "free" tv or something.

Absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

breeno wrote: »
    25 x 12 = 300
    92 x 12 = 1104

Total over 24 months - 1404
    Total average per month - 58.50

That's a great price for a quad offering including 4g and fibre.

Why don't they just package it as €58.50 per month on a 2 year contract. So much more appealing and then also doesn't have the rather large outlay of €92 pm in the second year :confused:

I actually like what these companies are doing. They always increase their prices within 12-18 months anyway so you can cancel at no cost.

Been with Virgin for 10 months for €25 (BB\Horizon Max and Phone). That goes to 85 in April. Needless to say I'm cancelling that and will get something new. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

NetNinja wrote: »
    Same experience. Continued to get billed after a line cancellation. Phone call after phone call trying to ensure the line was cancelled. Assured it was. Continued getting bills. Then they got a collection agency involved. Eir / Eircom can rebrand and change their name all they want but customer service is STILL appalling

At that point you should have got the regulater involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Scottie99 wrote: »
    At that point you should have got the regulater involved

The regulator can do nothing in this country except ensure that the company deal with your complaint.. however, what they do is up to them.

Source: Had to involve Comreg twice myself on repeated billing issues with emobile a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The regulator can do nothing in this country except ensure that the company deal with your complaint.. however, what they do is up to them.

Source: Had to involve Comreg twice myself on repeated billing issues with emobile a few years back.

From my experience Comreg offer nothing more than having the likes of eircom on speed dial. They simply ask the company to deal with the issue but have no interest in trying to change the behaviour of these companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

If I've learned anything off Boards it's that Eir are terrible, Virgin are a joke, Vodafone a rip-off, Sky an awful shower, Magnet plain useless, and Digiweb are gangsters.

It's best just to have no internet and live in a cave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Sky have been amazing for me. Left them 2 years ago after 10 years to go to eircom because it was cheap. Biggest mistake ever and went back to sky with my tail between my legs and they gave a great price and service. I still have nightmares about the shocking eircom service and I wouldn't go to them if it was free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

I currently have Eir, I've had them just over 2 years and I had TV with them for one year. The TV was grand, nothing amazing about it but worked well.

I've never had a problem with their fibre, although I'm only getting about 35 Meg download speed but I can stream HD with that.

Their billing is shocking though, make sure you keep an eye on it every month as its usually all over the place. I was charged 10 euro per month for a while but obviously didn't say that but I was overpriced on numerous occasions.

Advertisement