Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donor egg option in Ireland

Options
  • 17-02-2016 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I am hoping to hear from anyone who has been through this journey. I am almost 43 and thinking IVF but realistically it would have to be donor given my age. Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I don't know much about donor, but I do know that it wasn't offered in Irish clinics a few years back, too small a genetic pool or something, and the person I know that was intending to go ahead with donor eggs had gone to mainland Europe. Whether this has changed or not since, I don't know.

It might be worth contacting your local clinics to see if the offer it or if you'd have to go abroad still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I know you can get it done in ireland but from donors abroad and the embryos are transported back to Ireland for implanting.

I'm curious to hear from some who are going through the process/ have been there and all went well. It's an alien concept to me in some ways and my OH doesn't really believe we will need this but I've read up on the success rates with OE and the odds are so slim compared to DE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Bump? Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

73trix wrote: »
    Bump? Anyone??

Not much help but I read your other post and your AMH is 9? That's pretty good?
    I have donated eggs in the uk twice before. One successful and one not..
    I think the outcomes are good using donated eggs , similar to doing a frozen embryo transfer as you won't have the same level of drugs in your system. Saying that though have you thought about going through a cycle yourself while having some donated eggs as back up or even do a double transfer? There are lots of possibilities. As for boosting egg quality there are lots of choices out there. One of the lost beneficial is protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

This crowd are having a meeting about donor conception soon in Dublin if you're near there:

http://nisig.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement