Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenfield Drive Maynooth

Options
  • 17-02-2016 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

So I know some of you regulars live around this general area... when were the houses built? Any particular issues with this estate? Any and all info welcomed! I've lived in Maynooth for 15 years but funnily enough don't know anyone who's lived here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,865 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Few of us live in the estate (Greenfield Drive / Maynooth Park / Lawrence Avenue / Straffan Way)

Houses were all built in 1970-74 as far as I know but there are a few infill or post fire rebuilds so there are a small few 1990s/00s houses around.

The old ones are built like bomb shelters - you won't hear your neighbours generally - but were electrically forced air heated. Most have been retrofitted with oil or gas but if not expect a big bill as there's no plumbing by default!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I lived in Greenfield Drive in a houseshare many moons ago and found it a grand quiet area, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thanks - didn't think there would be any major issues. My parents moved to Laurence Ave a few years ago and are happy with it. Good to know re plumbing

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is a nice quite area . It depends on the particular house after that .
    Insulation /double glazing /heating are the issues that might arise .

Advertisement