Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light switches, Sockets, handles

Options
  • 17-02-2016 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi

For a new house I woul like Georgian brass style fittings. The prices I see in local hardware stores are more than I thought , anyone got experience buying these fittings online from within Ireland or even outside for good value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 navyddr713

How about looking on EBAY some times you can find a job lot for sale.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Shaunoc wrote: »
    Hi

For a new house I woul like Georgian brass style fittings. The prices I see in local hardware stores are more than I thought , anyone got experience buying these fittings online from within Ireland or even outside for good value?
    navyddr713 wrote: »
    How about looking on EBAY some times you can find a job lot for sale.

Just be mindful that for a new dwelling all items need to be CE marked and fit for purpose.

Also, the electrician on site will need to sign off on the whole job in accordance with RECI regulations and he may not do so with universal items bought from eBay.

Advertisement