Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Driving Test

Options
  • 18-02-2016 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

How bad is it in Dundalk? Can anyone tell me from their experience? Im trying to decide between Dundalk n Navan and can't make up my mind as both are equally far from Drogheda. Also would anyone know which road in Dundalk they tend to take for reverse around the corner? Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

I did mine in dundalk years ago, don't know the name of the road I did the reversing but it was down past the the train station, I was told by a few people back then dundalk was better than navan as it had less hills

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

uli84 wrote: »
    How bad is it in Dundalk? Can anyone tell me from their experience? Im trying to decide between Dundalk n Navan and can't make up my mind as both are equally far from Drogheda. Also would anyone know which road in Dundalk they tend to take for reverse around the corner? Thanks!!

Where are you from? Best to do it wherever you know the roads best. Every location has it's own little quirks and if you're not used to a particular area it's very easy to get tripped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I thought Dundalk was very straightforward. I have to do my by bike test in Navan and its a pain

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I did mine in dundalk years ago, don't know the name of the road I did the reversing but it was down past the the train station, I was told by a few people back then dundalk was better than navan as it had less hills

Haha, came in to say this. There's only a single "bad" hill, relative to the rest of the town, but yeah, it's very flat. Did mine in Dundalk without any hassle whatsoever and had no problems...though, admittedly, I felt my tester was asleep half the time and seemed no more interested in it than the pussycat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Just to be aware, the Dundalk test can also do a route through Blackrock. This is where I did my hill start and reverse around the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

doncarlos wrote: »
    Where are you from? Best to do it wherever you know the roads best. Every location has it's own little quirks and if you're not used to a particular area it's very easy to get tripped up.

Im from Drogheda so i know nothing of Navan roads and nothing of Dundalk roads sadly :(

Advertisement