Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh so it is, nearly didn't notice the time there. How are ya Swannie?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Oh so it is, nearly didn't notice the time there. How are ya Swannie?
    The Sun is slowly sinking towards the Pacific rim Grem, while Swannie keeps her ears perked to listen to it SIZZLE when it dips into the cool ocean. :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not so bad. A cold snap expected here for the next few days so thermals have gone into the bag just in case.. Cuppa?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Cuppa?
    Currently in my favourite locale javahouse Grem sipping a dark rich brew that's so strong it makes my feathers stand up! Yum! :cool:

I used to drink so much strong coffee.. All well with you?

• Advertisement

I used to drink so much strong coffee.. All well with you?
    Having finished a challenging work week, I am wired but tired. So to distract myself, I'm currently having fun stuffing a sock in Trump's trumpet, so that when he plays it, it will sound as silly as he is himself. :pac:

That's a sight I'd love to see!

That's a sight I'd love to see!

Trump's trumpet with sock stuffed in it would ssssqqqquuuuaaaawwwwkkkk worse than SwanBot when he blew it!!! :cool:

Crazy stuff going on.. You off work now until Monday?.

Crazy stuff going on.. You off work now until Monday?.
    My job is caught up until Monday, but I am doing 2 jobs (my boss's while he is out sick). So I have a bit of homework still doing his; but rest assured Grem that Swannie believes in her old U motto: "Work hard and play hard!" :D

• Advertisement

Good stuff, boss out indefinitely so?.

Good stuff, boss out indefinitely so?.
    Sorry Grem, Swannie had to hunt food for dinner. Boss may not be returning from sick leave, and if so, then Swannie will be temp boss until they replace him.

No worries, real life intervenes at the most inopportune times. Hope that if that is the case a new one is appointed soon unless you're thinking about it for yourself?.

No worries, real life intervenes at the most inopportune times.
    If you could have been sitting next to me at the wifi hotspot javahouse and heard my empty tummy growling, you would have asked me to leave Grem! :eek:
    Hope that if that is the case a new one is appointed soon unless you're thinking about it for yourself?.
    I've been in the cat-bird seat for awhile now, and doing OK, so who knows? My only big downside is that I am the youngest of the senior researchers by a decade (Swannie shakes rattle at Grem and coos).

Hey if you are handling it well you're well in i would say, that's ignoring the usual politics of these situations of course..

Hey if you are handling it well you're well in i would say, that's ignoring the usual politics of these situations of course..
    I'm getting the feeling that, provided that I don't screw up, they will leave me in the slot temporarily until the grant ends, and not fill the vacancy. We are making our deadlines, and without filling the vacancy, they are getting two-for-the-price-of-one (Swannie's exhausted tongue hangs out).

Oh feck.. Is there any way to communicate this back to someone?

Oh feck.. Is there any way to communicate this back to someone?
    Being cat-bird is a grand opportunity for me during the next few months, so I won't rock the boat. I'll just have to double-up on my java bean consumption! :eek:

Half-past 4AM Pacific, so time to crawl back under the duvet. Nice chatting with you Grem. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Evening folks :)

• Advertisement

Howdy Boxers, how are ya?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

howdy peeps:)

It's like everyone just woke up on boards!. How do Atc?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Evening ladies

It's like everyone just woke up on boards!. How do Atc?

suddenly we all appear :) real life is a bit crazy at the moment but getting on ok, how are you?

evening ted:) how do?

evening ted:) how do?

All good here caffy, finally a chance to relax for a bit.

Did a 5K earlier for World Autism Day for local centre here.

Fair play Ted. Happy with your time i hope..

Fair play Ted. Happy with your time i hope..

Aye happy enough.

Hows all in Gremland, settling into work again there>

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    All good here caffy, finally a chance to relax for a bit.

Did a 5K earlier for World Autism Day for local centre here.

fair play ted:) can put your feet up now!

all good here too:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement