Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Loving having formula one on channel four :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Man United won, Nico Rosberg won the Bahrain Grand Prix :D, today's been a good day :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'll take Nico's win alright, season looks like it could be good although it is early days to be saying that..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2 from 2 for Nico, leaving Lewis in the rear view already :D

Loving the racing lower down the field so far I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Anyone in?

There's meself as usual. How's the chef and her dragons?

There's meself as usual. How's the chef and her dragons?

Not too bad now Grem. Just home from the land of Tipp. Well I was in Clare with the family most of the day but spent most of the weekend traversing around the county with the family. Bit miffed that it's all over now but sure I'll get to see them again, hopefully soon :)

How's all with you Grem?

Not so bad. So way overdue a visit home but I'm up the walls here all the time it seems.

Not so bad. So way overdue a visit home but I'm up the walls here all the time it seems.

Aye, tis tough enough to get back home when you don't work a regular 9-5 Monday to Friday :( I said while I have the weekend off before the season gets hectic I'd go up and see them. Probably won't get to see them for another few months unless they come down to me at some point during the summer :o

• Advertisement

How's tricks anyway?. Must be hotting up there again now. Galway is certainly feeling it now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

**Swannie flaps through window onto Lair couch**

Anyone about? :D

Things aren't too bad now. Starting to see a fresh fleet of tourists around town again. So the season is coming up to a start. In one way I am dreading it but in another, I'll be glad of the extra few quid I'll be making :pac:

How doodle Swannie?

It's definitely cranked up here, stag and hen parties plus lots of rental cars about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

How doodle Swannie?

dac00f66e6ec68c4bbf55440356c7c4d.jpg
    It's definitely cranked up here, stag and hen parties plus lots of rental cars about.
    We do a lot of houseparties here Grem about university, but rarely without a grand mix of lads and lasses.

How's Swannie keeping?

Yeah spotted a few rentals down here in the last two weeks. Also the dreaded tour buses are speeding up and down the roads too. The joys of tourism folks.

That's a very positive depiction of a busy mind Swan.. Must take note..

Yeah I refrained from mentioning the dreaded sardine wagons....

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    How's Swannie keeping?
    Just grand thanks Mozz, while I hangout in my locale javahouse sipping dark java. You?
    Yeah spotted a few rentals down here in the last two weeks. Also the dreaded tour buses are speeding up and down the roads too. The joys of tourism folks.
    We were flooded with tourists on our beaches during spring break, and soon Summer will arrive with more then too. :eek:

That's a very positive depiction of a busy mind Swan..
    Or one loaded on java like mine is now Grem! :eek:

Haha I'd paint a different picture of mine jacked on caffeine, such is the nature of the beast!

• Advertisement

Yeah I refrained from mentioning the dreaded sardine wagons....

Stupid feckers nearly run over you or ram you off the road. I don't know why they do be driving up and down tiny narrow roads. Surprised someone hasn't being killed yet :rolleyes:

Sorry for being a bit of an auld grump. Just not a mad fan of the tourists. Wouldn't be long getting sick of them :o
    Black Swan wrote: »
    Just grand thanks Mozz, while I hangout in my locale javahouse sipping dark java. You?

We were flooded with tourists on our beaches during spring break, and soon Summer will arrive with more then too. :eek:

Not too bad now Swannie. Must venture downstairs to the kitchen and find some food. Starting to feel a bit peckish!

Depending on what way the weather is for the summer our beaches are going to be thronged. That's if it gets up to the high twenties again and stays sunny :D

I only worked in two hotels before getting into restaurants but my jaysis did i hate bus tours. Hated. Ugh.

Haha I'd paint a different picture of mine jacked on caffeine, such is the nature of the beast!

Or picture Swanning chasing her tail faster and faster, and getting nowhere very, very fast! :pac:

Not too bad now Swannie. Must venture downstairs to the kitchen and find some food. Starting to feel a bit peckish!
    That happens to me too Mozz, when I get distracted or involved in something and I forget to eat. Consequently, my GP is on my case all the time for being underweight.

Swannie trying to make grem dizzy? :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Tourists offend me.

I only worked in two hotels before getting into restaurants but my jaysis did i hate bus tours. Hated. Ugh.

In one way they're handy. Just throw them out a set menu and a trio of desserts and they're fine :pac: But it's the times the eat (an hour before the kitchen is due to close) or the breakdown in communication/language barrier between tour guides and hotel staff when it comes to certain members on the tour having specific dietary requirements and then we're all told last minute that someone is gluten free/diabetic/low sodium and you're put on the spot to organise a three course meal for them, five minutes before service..

*puts head in hands* I have all of this to look forward to :( Again :(
    Black Swan wrote: »
    That happens to me too Mozz, when I get distracted or involved in something and I forget to eat. Consequently, my GP is on my case all the time for being underweight.

Not that I wish I had your problem Swannie but I could do with loosing more weight. I lost a good stone and a half since last year and it's slowly coming down. PCOS isn't helping the situation (it's one of the main reasons my weight is up at all). My diet has improved **** loads though and I have cut out all fizzy drinks (bar when I am mixing them with alcohol but that's not every week either). Trying to find a late gym around town now that both myself and the OH can go to after work as I do feel we need to be doing more exercise. (OH has put on a bit of a pot belly over the winter and he's a little conscious of it..)

Wolf has a way with words regarding tourists :D

Nail on head Mozz..

Swannie trying to make grem dizzy? :eek:
    You should see what happens when I fly at SuperSonicSwannieSpeed Grem! Little tornadoes form behind each of my wingtips, called wingtip vorticies. :eek:

• Advertisement

I love the profession but sometimes I'd love a normal nine to five with the weekends off. Probably get bored of it though..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement