Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Seven hours left here then three days freedom thank fcuk.. Been a bit grey about the gills with this job the last few weeks with one thing and another so a big proper time out tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Seven hours left here then three days freedom thank fcuk.. Been a bit grey about the gills with this job the last few weeks with one thing and another so a big proper time out tomorrow..

Same here tbh. I kinda want a change. I love the work but just getting sick of the situation. Getting stressed over stupidly small things that don't even matter on the grand scheme of things. Not sure if it's burn out or boredom..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

For me the last few weeks just really demonstrated how little anyone cares. I'm not looking for pats on the back or anything but a little consideration when stuff happens or when i put in a request for a shift switch and it gets completely ignored.
    Hopefully you're just a little bored, be a pity to be hitting burnout.

For me the last few weeks just really demonstrated how little anyone cares. I'm not looking for pats on the back or anything but a little consideration when stuff happens or when i put in a request for a shift switch and it gets completely ignored.
    Hopefully you're just a little bored, be a pity to be hitting burnout.

That's pretty ****ty in fairness Grem. I know the feeling though. It's nice to receive a little gratitude, especially when you work hard. Sucks balls when they just couldn't give a damn..

I guess I am just bored of doing the same thing, day in day out. I wanted to switch things up a bit on the menu but was told "oh no, we can't do that!" but one of the other chefs comes up with this dish that's pretty expensive and time consuming to make in the first place and wouldn't you know it, it's straight up on the menu.

I am sick of being told the budget isn't there but they have no problem throwing all their cash at something that doesn't even look or taste that nice.Just feel like my creativity is being curtailed :/

Hmm, that's bloody frustrating Mozz, it's strange that some employers fall down so badly on basic morale boosts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Swannie just got off doing her double job. Tongue hanging out. :pac:

Is it group HUG time yet? I know I could use one.

giphy.gif

Anytime is good for a group hug!

*grabs Mozz and Swannie in bear hug*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

*grabs Mozz and Swannie in bear hug*
    Swannie hugs back Grem and Mozz! :cool:

Aww shucks :o

Group-hug.jpg

• Advertisement

Ahh hugs, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hey folks :)

Yay for the hugs, looks like we could all do with them at this time!! :)

Hope things improve for you lovelies soon :) x

Thanks Boxers!! :) Here's hoping anyway. Think we could all do with winning the lotto and going on holiday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Can I get in on the group hug? :D

Wee dose of mondayitis about i figure, hugs and chat are prescribed ;)

Of course Paws!! The more the merrier :)

planet%20zemlja.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yay, hugs and chat!

Yay for the hugs, looks like we could all do with them at this time!! :)

Swannie and Mozz and Grem and Paws and Boxers HUG!

You're all so awesome, don't let anyone else tell ye otherwise :)

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Thanks Boxers!! :) Here's hoping anyway. Think we could all do with winning the lotto and going on holiday :D
    If I win the lotto I'll take us all on hols :D

Had a dream I won the Irish lotto, half tempted to do it tomorrow, just in case :pac: :p

• Advertisement

Well our timing is good, we all land in at the same time for hugs and support. I've said it about four times a thread but i love lair..

Well our timing is good, we all land in at the same time for hugs and support. I've said it about four times a thread but i love lair..
    DizzlyLair is the happiest place on Earth. :cool:

Black Swan wrote: »
    Swannie and Mozz and Grem and Paws and Boxers HUG!
    Thanks Swannie, how are you?
    +1,000,000 to this. Love the Lair, would be lost without it :o

It's like dropping in on an old friend, even when i was new i felt old if ya get me..

Thanks Swannie, how are you?

Just grand thanks Boxers. I hope all is well with you too! :cool:

It's a great place to be. I'd be lost without it. Just a pity lately that it's gotten so quiet :/ I know there will always be someone around but I have noticed in the last few months that it's a little hollow.

I hope it's only a cycle and that more people will come around and keep it going :) I know I'll always try to stick around with it anyway :)

Noticed it myself Mozz, had the tinfoil hat on worrying i was being a threadkiller :o

Naw Grem, it's not you :)

I just think real life is getting in the way for a few peeps. I know it did with me a majority of the summer last year.

Oh no worries, that's my paranoia coming to the surface. I seem to be able to label it that and not get as wound up as i used to..
    I think everything moves in cycles so this place is just doing that..

• Advertisement

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Just a pity lately that it's gotten so quiet :/

Quiet? :eek:

**SwanBot marches through Lair blowing horns, beating drums, and keying board!**

The-Dido-one-Girl-Band---93505.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement