Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Black Swan wrote: »
    Hi Boxers, Grem, wolf, Mozz, and anyone hiding behind the Lair curtains.
    Hey Swannie, how's you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Boxers as you are so overwhelmed with all this bring it back to your core survival, slow your breathing, listen to it and just stare at your thumbs or the floor. It'll keep you connected to the present at the very least. I would also consider a visit to a doctor if the sleeplessness keeps going.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hey Swannie, how's you?

Just grand thanks Boxers. :D
    I can't sleep yet I'm exhausted, body won't/can't relax because my mind keeps going 24/7.
    **Swannie fedespressos Boxers a cute masseur to massage into relaxation**

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh a massage. I'm always to chicken to get one. Three hours left here thank feck..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Swannie parts Lair HOWLING! Bye!

• Advertisement

Night Swannie I'll keep the howling going here for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 join8x

hope to be finishing up my first draft over the next month or two

Night Swannie :)
    Boxers as you are so overwhelmed with all this bring it back to your core survival, slow your breathing, listen to it and just stare at your thumbs or the floor. It'll keep you connected to the present at the very least. I would also consider a visit to a doctor if the sleeplessness keeps going.
    Thanks Grem. I seem to be okay now, Dr won't do anything unfortunately so no point going near him :(

Perhaps not. I was grasping at straws a bit. Could you try some meditation/breathing based exercises while you're feeling somewhat better?. Having some practice makes them much more accessible for me anyway.. Not sure I would have made it to work earlier without them..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Morning folks.

** looks under bed & behind wardrobe**

Anyone see the weekend, it was just here.

• Advertisement

It was? Feck, missed it again.

Thanks Grem, have my breathing techniques which help sometimes.

Morning Ted :)

It was? Feck, missed it again.

It'll turn up again, i'm sure.

How's Grem, almost into final hour.

Yes thank feck, started out pretty rough but as you said nearly out the gap now. Coffee brewing when you want some call a dustbunny. :)

What do I call him?

Don't want 'extra flavours" if it is insulting to a dust bunny

Bunzer, don't make the ok shape with your hand, they think it's making fun of their ears..

Should start thinking about shaking a leg.

In work for 8 this morning.

Java will be had.

Bunzer, bunzer .. large coffee to go please.

**tips dust bunny with a few carrots**

Bunzer the bunny butler to the rescue!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

morning.... already wishing its friday :o

:d

I feel like I'm having a nightmare already damn it!!

• Advertisement

oh gosh grem, could bunnies be of any help? :)

i think i'ill go for a coffee ... mind one ?

Arra I'm having the breakfast of champions currently, I'll feck off to bed soon.. How are you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Currently listening to some black metal, and wishing I was at home.

Arra I'm having the breakfast of champions currently, I'll feck off to bed soon.. How are you?
    ya im fine but i've been better... something misfortunate happened a week ago and i'm still struggling to get fully fine after that..
    think it will take little while but want to stay positive and optimistic.. :)

Afternoon folks :)

Hey SB how are you:)

Hope better a bit :)

Joya wrote: »
    Hey SB how are you:)

Hope better a bit :)
    Hey Joya :) Thank you for your kind words :)

Not good today now have to say, I'm anxious to the point I'm shaking slightly and can't stop. I've had 2.5hrs of broken sleep and I'm just so so down.

I know its a phase/bout of my depression, its just one of those that's not as mild as it normally would be and is lasting longer than a mild phase/bout would.

I always say a bout of depression is like the flu, you have to let it takes it course, nothing makes it stop or go away quickly.

How are you Joya? :)

I'm just trying to finish some stuff so walking around,
    did you go to a doctor or therapist? They may help lots from my experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Afternoon peeps. What's the haps?

• Advertisement

Joya wrote: »
    I'm just trying to finish some stuff so walking around,
    did you go to a doctor or therapist? They may help lots from my experience...
    Yeah I see my occupational therapist regularly.

This is just a pretty bad phase/bout which needs to run its course, nothing can speed it up or get rid of it or anything unfortunately, just one of those things.

Hope you are doing good :)
    Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Afternoon peeps. What's the haps?
    Hey Mozz, hows you? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement