Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fresh box of teabags gracing me with their presence this evening. Wild side or what?!

Have about 300 here. Got in supplies forgetting I already got some during the week. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ah yeah Grem, bites have gone down, and got a decent enough sleep.

Hey Teddy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This weeks going to be busy, last week of lectures, and stuff to finish off hand in..

You have much more work to do on them before handing them in?

If you need someone to crack the whip to get you to knuckle down, myself & Seph can arrange a timetable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh good stuff Links.
    No such thing as too many Ted ;)

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You have much more work to do on them before handing them in?

If you need someone to crack the whip to get you to knuckle down, myself & Seph can arrange a timetable.

Just a few bits and pieces, nothing too massive..

If I need motivation, sure as hell won't be from you two Scouse supporters :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    This weeks going to be busy, last week of lectures, and stuff to finish off hand in..

Same here, Im playing catch up :eek:

You procrastinated too eh? :pac:

You need some "encouragement" too?

**does a few practise swings of the cat o' nine tails**

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You procrastinated too eh? :pac:

Too much
    You need some "encouragement" too?

**does a few practise swings of the cat o' nine tails**

Ahhhhh

*runs out the door screaming*

• Advertisement

Too much

Ahhhhh

*runs out the door screaming*

Ah don't go Seph, I was just stopping it from getting stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Just a few bits and pieces, nothing too massive..

If I need motivation, sure as hell won't be from you two Scouse supporters :P

Not to try and belittle your problems but it's only 1st year. Don't get me wrong, it's still important you get all the work done and pass the exams BUT just be thankful you're not one of my best mates. He's in his final year and he pretty much had a breakdown last week and nearly had another one last night. Poor ****er has a tonne and I mean a tonne of work to get through before the end of the month. And to top it all off he's had a bereavement in his close family recently enough. I don't know how he's going to cope :(

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Not to try and belittle your problems but it's only 1st year. Don't get me wrong, it's still important you get all the work done and pass the exams BUT just be thankful you're not one of my best mates. He's in his final year and he pretty much had a breakdown last week and nearly had another one last night. Poor ****er has a tonne and I mean a tonne of work to get through before the end of the month. And to top it all off he's had a bereavement in his close family recently enough. I don't know how he's going to cope :(

Yeah but with the price for repeating a failed exam gone up to €295, I wanna make sure everything's on the pass mark or above, and pass all the exams, don't want to go back in August to redo any failed ones..

You're friend has been dealt a bad hand to state the obvious..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yikes that's a bad time for your friend Mozz.. Have they asked about deferral on compassionate grounds or some form of leeway?.
    It costs what to repeat Lith :eek:

Too much

I+know+them+feels+bro+i+m+in+wanganui+_1fd72f11547d4f9285e978eebe9e7ea3.jpg

I+know+them+feels+bro+i+m+in+wanganui+_1fd72f11547d4f9285e978eebe9e7ea3.jpg

*Starts bawling crying*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Yeah but with the price for repeating a failed exam gone up to €295, I wanna make sure everything's on the pass mark or above, and pass all the exams, don't want to go back in August to redo any failed ones..

You're friend has been dealt a bad hand to state the obvious..

Where the hell are you going to college man? :eek: That doesn't sound right at all. Last year it was only about €100 to €120 to repeat an exam. That was in Tralee IT though. Think it's gone up to about €140 now, think it's about the same in my sisters college too . That's an extortionate amount of money..
    Yikes that's a bad time for your friend Mozz.. Have they asked about deferral on compassionate grounds or some form of leeway?.
    It costs what to repeat Lith :eek:

He has and was granted an extension to the third of May on one of his assignments but it's a no go on the rest of his course. One lecture in particular took the head off of him and told him to pretty much "deal with it". I really don't understand how lecturers can be absolute tools like that. I mean they of all people should know what it's like to be a student yet there's ass hats out there that make it way too hard for some..

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Where the hell are you going to college man? :eek: That doesn't sound right at all. Last year it was only about €100 to €120 to repeat an exam. That was in Tralee IT though. Think it's gone up to about €140 now, think it's about the same in my sisters college too . That's an extortionate amount of money..

He has and was granted an extension to the third of May on one of his assignments but it's a no go on the rest of his course. One lecture in particular took the head off of him and told him to pretty much "deal with it". I really don't understand how lecturers can be absolute tools like that. I mean they of all people should know what it's like to be a student yet there's ass hats out there that make it way too hard for some..

N.U.I.G, Think it vary's from university to university, and yeah it is extortionate.. Some lecturers are C U Next Tuesdays, others can be great and helpful, you're friend has the former..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

**Swannie sneaks into Lair in stealth mode, hides behind curtains and snoops**

Grem senses a presence and checks the perimeter, aha Swannie how art thou?.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Grem senses a presence and checks the perimeter, aha Swannie how art thou?.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh Grem! Don't let anyone know that I am hiding behind the curtains! :eek:

At almost 2PM Pacific, blue sky, white poofy clouds, 20 temp with 19 km/h gusts, so not bikini weather, but shorts and a T would work just fine.

Well i'll keep schtum so, java?.

you're at wrong side of the curtains Bella.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH4LNa4KCNRDNcsr1GsdJ62NUIrHK_1XTo5ATh0GdHOqUKGAMN

Gah! In that pic all the water goes on the floor when you shower!. :eek:

But swans have more fun in the puddles

So does grem :)

So does grem :)

Sorry Grem, but this was the first thought I had.

I love that scene. I do love to puddle jump though, handy that it rains plenty here..

Well i'll keep schtum so, java?.
    Swannie wakes up to the smell of java Grem!
    you're at wrong side of the curtains Bella.
    Yikes Ted! I knew I stayed out too late last night! :eek:
    Oh oh... :o
    But swans have more fun in the puddles

**Splash! Splash!**

• Advertisement

**SwanBot's Del alarm goes off... clang... clang... clang!**

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement