Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Black Swan wrote: »
    Hey ATC, how's the writing going for our 1st favourite author?

tis hard but going well :D, finding the time where I can, real life is a bit crazy at the moment. how's writing going for you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

tis hard but going well :D, finding the time where I can, real life is a bit crazy at the moment. how's writing going for you?
    Sorry, I was babbling in another forum. Writing pages has been going well, but I am not sure of the quality of contents. Once again, your page count ATC is quite impressive! Good show!

Sorry, I was babbling in another forum. Writing pages has been going well, but I am not sure of the quality of contents. Once again, your page count ATC is quite impressive! Good show!

no worries there:) Well done, keep up the good work! :cool:

thanks!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Not sure if I shared this with you ATC, but awhile back I looked that the 10 top NY Times best sellers in fiction, and discovered that the average word length was about 100,000 words. Although your work is non-fiction, I would guess that the word length would be similar, meaning that you are really getting close with 70K!

Not sure if I shared this with you ATC, but awhile back I looked that the 10 top NY Times best sellers in fiction, and discovered that the average word length was about 100,000 words. Although your work is non-fiction, I would guess that the word length would be similar, meaning that you are really getting close with 70K!

yep, another 30 to 40k to go :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning all *holds out mug hopefully*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I dream of the day we can get half-way decent internet where I live. I'm so sick of 1gb downloads taking 5 hours or more, or having to watch twitch streams on mobile quality, and still getting buffering.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My head fries at the thought man. My retirement to the sticks is hinged on decent connectivity

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It aggravates me more that they pissed away millions rebranding, instead of improving their damned service. And they effectively have a monopoly on things, so sod all can be done.

Don't even want to think about that monopoly stuff at all. When i go home you may aswell have bean tins and string to communicate with..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey folks, how goes everyone's weekend?

How doodle Links, any craic?

Ah not a whole lot, taking it as easy as easy can go. Playing some games.

Started watching a new anime series called Ajin, which is up on Netflix, and good anime on netflix is such a rarity it's great to see something like this. Bloody fantastic, been looking forward to seeing it because I attempted to read the manga (in Japanese) but didn't get very far at all.

I imagine it is rare enough, i don't think a lot of people in the west 'get' it for want of a better way to put it.. My language skills are pretty crap so i can't imagine tackling Japanese at all!

Weeb :pac: Heyoo Links.

I imagine it is rare enough, i don't think a lot of people in the west 'get' it for want of a better way to put it.. My language skills are pretty crap so i can't imagine tackling Japanese at all!

It's not that it's rare, there's someanime on Netflix, it's just severely lacking in serious quality shows and movies. You've got no Ghibli, nothing from directors Satoshi Kon, Mamoru Hosoda or Makoto Shinkai. That said, there is Steins;Gate and Psycho-Pass, as well as the original Ghost in the Shell movie. But that's netflix for you, if it's anything niche at all, you've got a threadbare selection.

Anyway, what's to 'get'?

But yeah, if you want to know how bad netflix is for anything niche, go look up how many westerns there are on there, aside from a handful of good movies, it's absolutely barren.

Also, hey Angron. I nearly choked on the irony of the Pokeemans mod calling me a weeb.

I looked at netflix listings before and said nah i'll skip it.. As you said, short on niche material, or well so called niche. It's not that there's anything major to get but a lot of people are very set in their ways.. Change is bad etc.

Links234 wrote: »
    It's not that it's rare, there's someanime on Netflix, it's just severely lacking in serious quality shows and movies. You've got no Ghibli, nothing from directors Satoshi Kon, Mamoru Hosoda or Makoto Shinkai. That said, there is Steins;Gate and Psycho-Pass, as well as the original Ghost in the Shell movie. But that's netflix for you, if it's anything niche at all, you've got a threadbare selection.

Anyway, what's to 'get'?

But yeah, if you want to know how bad netflix is for anything niche, go look up how many westerns there are on there, aside from a handful of good movies, it's absolutely barren.

Also, hey Angron. I nearly choked on the irony of the Pokeemans mod calling me a weeb.
    I don't see any irony.

>_>
    <_<

I looked at netflix listings before and said nah i'll skip it.. As you said, short on niche material, or well so called niche. It's not that there's anything major to get but a lot of people are very set in their ways.. Change is bad etc.

Yeah, you're not wrong tbh, quite a few people would turn their nose up at something just because it's animated, which is a serious pity. But what I mean is, that's not the reason for Netflix's poor selection. ;)

It's animated but not by disney/pixar? *confused look*

Bless.

Netflix doesn't have a lot for me either, the type of movies i like aren't terribly popular i guess.

• Advertisement

Yeah? What are you into?

And we'll have to introduce you to some good anime at some stage Grem :D

Mainly european and scandinavian arthouse/indy projects.. When i get feckin time.. Mostly reading these days.. Oh like opera too.

I do like some Scandinavian movies. Let The Right One In is one of my favourite movies ever, as is The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. :3

Also been watching The Bridge, which is seven shades of fantastic! Just started season 2 during the week.

Great movies.. Never thought i'd be saying this but i really need to sit down and watch some telly.

Have you seen The Bridge?

Nope but i want to.. Don't know where all my time has gone but it has. Actually, have you watched the fall?.

The TV series The Fall, or the movie?

The series..

No, not seen it.

• Advertisement

Thinking i might give it a watch too if i get a chance..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement