Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The only thing keeping me going today is the fact that I'm going home on Thursday. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feck sake, almost got hit by some absolute arsehole. They were indicating to pull in to a car park we were leaving, last second they switched off the indicator and ploughed on ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Herroooo. I just nearly backed straight into some old lady with her shopping trolley cart yoke. She was strolling away and then she stopped dead. That was grand, I was watching out for her, then I turned around me to look out other back side and didn't she move on then did a full turn and stopped dead again. :rolleyes:

Boxers is it wrong that the guy in that pic caught my eye rather than huge big mofo cup of Coffee lol! :D I thought hhmm he looks kinda cute! And I just saw a lovely looking guy in my Local Shop there too. There's loadsa cute guys that go into my Local Shop it seems! Now all's I need is for them to be single and ask if I'd like to go on a Date! Hahaha :pac::P:D:D

How is everyone?

I have Homework to do tonight. Yuck Yuck. Ew Ewy. Homework. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

heyo all:)

doing better here today, think we've got over yesterday's shock :) My next workplace placement starts tomorrow..mixture of nerves and excitement :o

I've also been invited to a 5k walk in Cashel for darkness into light in May, a year ago I would have said no way but thinking about giving it a go, if i'm free:)

how's everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey folksies ;)

Ah, getting back to studying after a long, long break. Feels good

• Advertisement

hiya links :) how do?

Not too bad, you? 'tis a bit hot out! :eek:

Links234 wrote: »
    Not too bad, you? 'tis a bit hot out! :eek:

good to hear:) alrighty here thanks, yeah the hot weather doesn't do well with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Tis a bit too hot out Links, hope you are behaving yourself there.

I have a craving for pecan pie. It's bad :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hey everyone :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Angron wrote: »
    ...speaking of cuts, heard a story based on massive levels of stupidity.

A school in New Zealand was doing a stage production of Sweeney Todd, when they had a bit of a prop malfunction. They used actual cut-throat razors that they said they taped and dulled. Two kids ended up in hospital with cuts on their necks.

Both kids were fine eventually, but why would you ever use actual razors for that?

I use knives regularly, and I can honestly say this was pure stupidity. Someone should have been double and triple checking those blades. hell, I have been to comic conventions that actually test every edge and dry fire every weapon coming through. Once saw a Star-Lord being asked to pull the trigger on his element blaster by con security, with a dozen Imperial Stormtroopers behind him waiting to have their blasters checked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I know, it's unbelievably stupid, and it's quite lucky that there wasn't something worse that happened.

Oh good, the jackass has started making creepy jokes about how intercourse is his hobby for career planning, and I want to punch him in the face.

hello all :)

Where's everyone?

Hey caffy. doing a bit of lurking here.

Hey ATC.

Angron wrote:
    Hey ATC.

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Hey caffy. doing a bit of lurking here.

Heyo you two :) how are we?

All good here.

Hows all with you, your mother ok now?

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    All good here.

Hows all with you, your mother ok now?

good to hear :)

I'm good thanks :) had a busy day but wasn't too bad, started my next work placement in a local office in town for 2 mornings a week :) Have 2 weeks at the start but more if it goes well. I'm still at my folks but going back to my apartment next week, was nearly with folks for three weeks!

yeah my Mom is grand now:), she was more annoyed about it than anything else

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

hello in here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

**SwanBot tippy toes across Lair living room and quietly hides behind couch**

Shhhhhhhhhhhh SwanBot! The longer the Lairians sleep, the longer there will be a Cygnus Central. :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Coffee time!! :D

383893.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Delirium wrote: »
    Coffee time!! :D
    **Swannie quickly slips into bathing suit and prepares to dive into Del's java pool!**

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

c'mon in, the coffee's great! :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

Delirium wrote: »
    c'mon in, the coffee's great! :pac:
    Indeed Del, magic beans are the fruit of creation and imagination (and sleepless nights like mine is now after drinking java a bit too late, ha!). :cool:

**strips off**

I'm after leaving my swimming trunks at home

:o

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    **strips off**

I'm after leaving my swimming trunks at home

:o
    **Swannie quickly covers eyes with wings to avoid watching Ted skinning dipping in java pool**

**But peeks between feathers** :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nudey noccers? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement