Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Alrighty Hugo, you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Links234 wrote: »
    Alrighty Hugo, you?
    Not too shabby here, thankee.

Any new Steam Powered Giraffe news for us?

Not really, hah :pac:

Links234 wrote: »
    Not really, hah :pac:
    Harsh!

How are you otherwise?

Did it suddenly get quiet in here?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah i went looking at the fires in Alberta and just sat there with my jaw on the floor.

• Advertisement

Yeah i went looking at the fires in Alberta and just sat there with my jaw on the floor.

Looks like hell!

Yeah, i think I'm just flopping into bed, I'm all outta batteries tonight :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was there last year and it's mind blowing. So sorry for those people leaving, fire due to double in size over the next day or so.. :(

Was there last year and it's mind blowing. So sorry for those people leaving, fire due to double in size over the next day or so.. :(

Wow, that really makes it personal for you. *hugs*

The sheer size of it is incredible, luckily there have been no deaths directly because of the fire, but losing your home and job, that's just unreal :(

• Advertisement

The sheer size of it is incredible, luckily there have been no deaths directly because of the fire, but losing your home and job, that's just unreal :(

It's terrifying stuff. :(

Have to say, following the local twitter feeds etc, it's been an incredible show of human strength and resilience though.. From the emergency workers to the evacuees.. Sorry i dragged the thread down a bit on ya Hugo..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Fire, it truly is man's greatest enemy.

Have to say, following the local twitter feeds etc, it's been an incredible show of human strength and resilience though.. From the emergency workers to the evacuees.. Sorry i dragged the thread down a bit on ya Hugo..

No apologies necessary, my love!

The Lair is a spot for fun chat but also serious stuff too. :)

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Fire, it truly is man's greatest enemy.

I thought you were! :p

Nay, I am mankind's saviour from annihilation..

#TheGreatProtector

The pics and footage look like something from a movie about earth's last stand or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

sleep not happening for me, arghhh!!

It truly is scary watching it on television via the news, though there's a part of me that wonders what it would look like from space.

Oops Atc, hope you've no plans before tomorrow evening so you can rest..

Lith check out the google.org crisis map

• Advertisement

Oops Atc, hope you've no plans before tomorrow evening so you can rest..

Lith check out the google.org crisis map

I don't, thankfully:) be a rest day

Good stuff. Couldn't make it again this year :mad:

Good stuff. Couldn't make it again this year :mad:

you working? maybe next year..

in other news, my friend/mentor of my presentations has finished reading my manuscript :) hopefully have a foreword in the not too distant future

Yeah working did it for three or four years, hard to believe it's going so long already.

got an hour or so of snooze time:) be heading off soon, later pals

Enjoy it Atc, there's a nice feeling of solidarity at the walks, sunrise should be nice this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Have fun ATC. Did the walk myself last year, was great to do. :)

I cried at my first one iirc, it's a very bittersweet thing for me..

I did it! I did it! Yay :D quite enjoyed it. Actually walked 7k as had a bit of a walk to the starting point. Very emotional experience. Home to bed now..

• Advertisement

Well done!. A good rest now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement