Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Got to run to me nest. Slán

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sorry to have missed ya Stereo, sleep well..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Howdy Boxers, no worries myself and OH watched it over the last few days, actually gripped by something for once, so many false trails and little mysteries. Anyway, how are ya?.
    :) Hey, all good here, being assessed for aspergers, strong chance I have it. Bit miffed over it but sure what can ya do :)

How are you?
    Fathom wrote: »
    Yo Grem, Stripes, Caffy, and Delirium :D
    Hey Fathom :)
    thanks guys, went from work placement to college when it happened (thankfully wasn't too far away) and told them. Calmed down after a while, be lost without my tutors (bless them!). :) Going into college on Monday as usual and tutor will ring the workplace and go from there..

how are ye?:)
    Hey Caffy, thankfully you got to go college and speak to them. I hope everything works out for you :)

How is everyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Glad you are getting moving on that Boxers, least having an answer to that will give you the right questions to ask. Ahh burning the midnight oil, should we expect Swannie soon do you think?

Glad you are getting moving on that Boxers, least having an answer to that will give you the right questions to ask. Ahh burning the midnight oil, should we expect Swannie soon do you think?
    Yeah me too, I've suspected for a while now I might have it as a relative has it and its quite strong, so the gene for it is there, so hopefully I will know by the end of the year whether I have it or not.

Lying in bed listening to music in between watching YouTube videos :)

I'd say Swannie will be around soon :)

How are you?

• Advertisement

Im ok now. Tired a bit but what harm.. Cuppa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

best of luck with getting the diagnosis boxers, mine took a long time but once I had it, things made 'sense' and life became easier :)

humm get a bit of toast :)

Im ok now. Tired a bit but what harm.. Cuppa?
    Same here. Yeahhh please :D Love a cuppa <3
    best of luck with getting the diagnosis boxers, mine took a long time but once I had it, things made 'sense' and life became easier :)

humm get a bit of toast :)
    Do you mind me asking did it take long to come through and was there much involved? You could PM me if you prefer.

Yeah that is what I am thinking, I've read its hard to assess and diagnose an adult with Aspergers compared to diagnosing a child.

Toast sounds good :)

Cuppa delivered so Boxers ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

a tap a da marnin to ya

• Advertisement

Howdy XR, how are things with you?

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

not too bad , trying to plan the summer

time for a quick cuppa and bed, gotta be out the gap early tomorrow

I will be mainly working and trying to fit in a few visits with friends if i can. Lame..

Same here. Yeahhh please :D Love a cuppa <3

Do you mind me asking did it take long to come through and was there much involved? You could PM me if you prefer.

Yeah that is what I am thinking, I've read its hard to assess and diagnose an adult with Aspergers compared to diagnosing a child.

Toast sounds good :)
    not at all, the process was a few months long as far as I remember, I had an assessment with a speech therapist that took a few weeks to do (different puzzles, mental things to test your memory, processing etc) I was quite lucky at the time as my speech therapist was in the school that I was in and she was the one who initially noticed my traits. Anyway, after my assessment, she rang my folks and put her thoughts to them, and then sent away a report of the assessment and medical records to Dublin where I would meet the professor

And then a few weeks later we travelled up to Dublin to meet the professor, actual appointment was rather short, my folks went in first while I sat in the waiting room. After a while I got bored so I joined them, was asked a few questions etc, and at the very end, we asked if I had it and he said yes definitely. That's pretty much it:)

I was rather hard to diagnosis as I'm not a typical aspie but it was worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Morning folks.

Hope you get answers soon Stripey.

Must have been laundry vibes everywhere yest. Doing the same last night which kept me out of Lair.

Howdy Ted, laundry kept you out of Lair?. Do you wash them in the river? :pac:

It was a mountain of it. Too much procrastinating during week.

You at work?

Any scandal

Yeah an hour or so left now. Then my own laundry battles. No Scandal, well apart from the show that is.. How are you, all quiet i hope?.

Been a long busy week, just wanna hide in a cave & switch off today.

As long as the cave has Lair access.

Sounds like a plan, i'll be the night owl as always ;)

• Advertisement

Owls like the dark. Flap in if you're around.

Yup us creatures of the night, i will indeed pop in later. Fancy a cuppa?

An empty mug never refuses a hot drop.

Not so bad *slides brew over*

Thanking you.

Any plans for when you clock off.

Nope, few bits around the house and sleep, no real spare time on long shift days so bare minimum gets done, least that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!.

Nope, few bits around the house and sleep, no real spare time on long shift days so bare minimum gets done, least that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!.

Never do today, what can be done tomorrow!

Exactly that!. Sure i can still get two wears out of these trousers :P

evening peeps :)

• Advertisement

Hey caffy. How's Saturday treating you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement