Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mornin Kitty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

KKkitty wrote: »
    Hey Lith, how are you?

Doing well here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Well things have been more down than up for me lately. My aunt died and before that one of my older brothers was bucked off a horse and broke a vertebrae in his lower back.

Rough patch is an understatement, condolences over the passing of your aunt, and hopefully your older brother makes a speedy recovery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh Kitty *hugs* there's always a friendly ear here..

• Advertisement

I couldn't even bring myself to go to the burial of my aunt. I saw her at the wake and she looked nothing like what she was when she was alive. Think I got a land seeing her that last time. My brother finally got home today but I'm scared to see him in pain.

Kitty, you're suffering too, it's ok to take a step back and let others do things for a bit while you recover, you will step in when you are well and ready. There's no rulebook here..

Kitty, you're suffering too, it's ok to take a step back and let others do things for a bit while you recover, you will step in when you are well and ready. There's no rulebook here..

A good bit has happened to me over the years so I distance myself from certain situations. My brother was so lucky in one way but not in another.

I get ya, hope it doesn't take too much out of you.

I get ya, hope it doesn't take too much out of you.

I'll try to make sure it doesn't. How are you?

• Advertisement

All ok here, keepin the good side out an all that ably assisted by my noccers ;)

That's good. My oldest son has informed me of what he wants to be when he grows up :)

Ooh what does he reckon?. I'm 37 and it's about time i figured out what i want to be when i get growed up..

He wants to be a youtuber. He sees a lot of guys on YouTube with gaming videos and stuff and wants to be like them. I'm 35 and I hear ya. Being all growed up is jarring at times.

It's a royal pain in the hoop in my considered opinion :D

Being an adult sucks. I want to go back to making mud pies with actual mud and watching Bosco.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hugs for you Kitty xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry to hear that, Kitty.

Thanks guys xx I got a shock when I heard my aunt died.

Thanks guys xx I got a shock when I heard my aunt died.

It's only natural to feel shock. If you need to cry, go ahead and cry.

• Advertisement

I had to get drunk and watch sad videos on YouTube to cry. Sad but true. Couldn't cry when I was sober.

I had to get drunk and watch sad videos on YouTube to cry. Sad but true. Couldn't cry when I was sober.

That's perfectly acceptable too, pet. x

I'm the same, crying was 'showing weakness' so i refused to for years. :o

I'm more different, it's usually a barrage of swear words, followed by the inevitable slow sinking in feeling..

That's perfectly acceptable too, pet. x

I found one video that helped. I subscribe to a few ASMR channels on YouTube and one focused on grief and all that comes with it. Some of what the uploader said rang true.

Everyone has different ways of coping. There's no clear cut way to cope with loss or a major upheaval in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sorry KK.

Stuff happens every day that you may or may not want but you can't let it get to you.

Stuff happens every day that you may or may not want but you can't let it get to you.

It's a good attitude to have there.

• Advertisement

Stay positive no matter what.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement