Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options
1329330331332333335»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Going to read a Caitlin Moran book, looking forward to it as last book was tough at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Going to read a Caitlin Moran book, looking forward to it as last book was tough at times.
    Hope you enjoy it.

I'm gonna catch up on Marcella, and do a few other bits for something exciting that is happening for me. Fingers crossed it works out, luck hasn't been great recently.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fingers crossed here too so Boxers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Pwease pwease I can haz a Lair?!? :D:p:pac: :/:(:(

Hiiiii! Back in a bit. Trying to wash and sort clothes before the rain sets in aarrgghhhh... Gotta love the ease of drying clothes outside!! That is the one and only singular solidly single reason / advantage to heat and sun lol! :D

How's everyone?! :)

Pwease pwease I can haz a Lair?!? :D:p:pac: :/:(:(
    Only just copped that there now :pac: :o

Hiiiii! Back in a bit. Trying to wash and sort clothes before the rain sets in aarrgghhhh... Gotta love the ease of drying clothes outside!! That is the one and only singular solidly single reason / advantage to heat and sun lol! :D

How's everyone?! :)
    Have to agree with this. I managed to get four loads of washing done and dried outside, makes the laundry so much easier :D

All good here, how are you? x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

That reminds me, I have a load in the washing machine to be taken out.

Fierce dryin out altogether :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fierce dryin out altogether :D

Said every Irish mammy everywhere.

Fingers crossed here too so Boxers :)
    Thanks Grem, could be amazing for me if it goes to plan which it hopefully does.
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That reminds me, I have a load in the washing machine to be taken out.
    Opposite here for me I've a wash waiting to go on but I've nowhere to put it if I do do it, the other loads need to be ironed and aired before being put away :o

Ironed?. Aired? Thank feck i just wash and dry my stuff. :o

• Advertisement

Ironed?. Aired? Thank feck i just wash and dry my stuff. :o
    :o Yeah I'm a bit particular (read: odd :pac:) when it comes to laundry, stuff gets dried, then ironed, then into the airing press for a day or two then put away. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Everyone's got routines when it comes to clothes..

Meanwhile i haven't ironed in many moons and rarely fold stuff. Going to wear it/use it/sleep on it so wrinkle it anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The first time I used an ironing board & iron, it was a foreign concept to me..

Now I've it mastered :D

I can still iron, was very handy at it years ago when i had nice shirts, just no point to it for me now. Ahem, or laziness :o

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Everyone's got routines when it comes to clothes..
    Yeah that's true alright.
    Meanwhile i haven't ironed in many moons and rarely fold stuff. Going to wear it/use it/sleep on it so wrinkle it anyway..
    See with my anxiety I have a thing about being organised and having as perfect as it can be (though not 100% perfect obvs) so that's why I do it.

Same with anything for me, has to be done a certain way. Pain at times but keeps me calm. :o
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The first time I used an ironing board & iron, it was a foreign concept to me..

Now I've it mastered :D
    Same here, left an iron mark on the first shirt I ironed. Not sure if I've ever been forgiven for it :pac:
    I can still iron, was very handy at it years ago when i had nice shirts, just no point to it for me now. Ahem, or laziness :o
    :D:D:D

If suddenly my anxiety took in my laundry i'd be in trouble, i am master of the floordrobe and bedrobe :o

If suddenly my anxiety took in my laundry i'd be in trouble, i am master of the floordrobe and bedrobe :o
    :D:D:D

Floordrobe and bedrobe. I love them. I absolutely love them.

I'm terrible when it comes to my anxiety and organisation. Everything has to be done a certain way for me. It genuinely stresses me out if its not.

Then again, I am fairly sure I have Aspergers so whether they're connected or not I don't know, presumably they are.

At work i need everything just so, also have issues with even numbers :o

At work i need everything just so, also have issues with even numbers :o
    I'm the same. :o

I never realised until the last few months just how my anxiety affected/affects me to be honest.

Its mad how it creeps in in little ways that we don't always notice util they are pointed out or until we analyse ourselves/our behaviour and spot it.

• Advertisement

Same here, notice very little about myself, never did.

Same here, notice very little about myself, never did.
    Its amazing how the mind works, it really is.

Its such a powerful tool and we don't often realise just how powerful it is.

When the experts know so little about it it's not surprising i don't get much, but it is awe inspiring how much potential lies in the mind..

When the experts know so little about it it's not surprising i don't get much, but it is awe inspiring how much potential lies in the mind..
    Fully agree with this.

I've found Occupational Therapy itself to be a huge eye opener for me personally.

The therapy i've had and my OH have been huge for me..

The therapy i've had and my OH have been huge for me..
    Same here bar the OH, my best friend has been an amazing support.

Despite not seeing her regularly (living too far apart) she has still provided amazing support. I honestly would be lost without her.

No matter how tired she is, how down she is, how long her day at work was she always, always makes the effort to message me, that means a huge amount to me.

I kept friends at arm's length when i look back so they couldn't know things.. Wasn't ready either of course..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Go here now:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100442372#post100442372

I close thread down.
    *Picks up detonator*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement