Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cygnus Central (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Hi all, just watching the final count if the election for my area. Not surprised at result but slightly dissapointed. Seems like we are sticking to the old order.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Welcome back Boxers how is ya?.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Miaireland wrote: »
    Hi all, just watching the final count if the election for my area. Not surprised at result but slightly dissapointed. Seems like we are sticking to the old order.

The song remains the same in terms of the elected, will people ever learn..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The song remains the same in terms of the elected, will people ever learn..

Well it's like Ted said earlier. We don't have much of a choice in this country. We have the ****ers that got us into a mess (FF) Then the lying pack of bastards and their lackies (FG and Lab) You then have the shady ****ers(SF) and the rest then only want to paint walls and fix pot holes in such and such village.

This country seriously and I mean seriously needs a political overhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Welcome back Boxers how is ya?.
    Hi Grem :D All good here. I feel mischevious though and I don't know why :D

Haven't had alcohol yet I feel "merry" like I have ?

Does that make sense? I don't think it does but feck it :D

• Advertisement

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Well it's like Ted said earlier. We don't have much of a choice in this country. We have the ****ers that got us into a mess (FF) Then the lying pack of bastards and their lackies (FG and Lab) You then have the shady ****ers(SF) and the rest then only want to paint walls and fix pot holes in such and such village.

This country seriously and I mean seriously needs a political overhaul.

I usually jokingly agree with Ted on stuff, but he firmly hit the nail on the head. It's a vicious circle in Irish politics, a vicious circle that looks like it won't be ending any time soon... I think by the time the next General Election rolls around, it could be very different, Sinn Féin could have a realistic chance under new leadership, it's clear that Gerry's holding them back..

A political overhaul is DEFINITELY needed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aye. Dismantle the system as it stands is the only way but it's fraught with difficulties i think.

Boxers i get like that sometimes, mad giddy out of nowhere.

Christ, the day SF get into power under the leadership of Gerry Adams is the day I leave the country for good. Sorry but the man has too much of a history and a pretty dark one and as for some of the "fanatics"..you couldn't breath a bad word about the man then.

Christ, the day SF get into power under the leadership of Gerry Adams is the day I leave the country for good. Sorry but the man has too much of a history and a pretty dark one and as for some of the "fanatics"..you couldn't breath a bad word about the man then.

And it's that history that's keeping SF on the sidelines/away from being in government...

I don't know man. I think if he even did step down and left Mary Lou run the show I believe he'd still be pulling strings in the back ground.

• Advertisement

It's mad how short memories are. And that people are reduced to picking the 'least bad' people on the voting card..

I don't know man. I think if he even did step down and left Mary Lou run the show I believe he'd still be pulling strings in the back ground.

Well at 67 years old, he's bound to step down and completely relinquish power at some point, he'll be mid 70's by the time the next one rolls around... No point complaining now I guess, damage is already done and were now stuck with the same sideshow for the next 5 years.

It's mad how short memories are. And that people are reduced to picking the 'least bad' people on the voting card..

My friend told me today that his family were pressuring him into voting FG because they're a FG family. He didn't for a finish but still that's the kind of bull**** that's still going on :/
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well at 67 years old, he's bound to step down and completely relinquish power at some point, he'll be mid 70's by the time the next one rolls around... No point complaining now I guess, damage is already done and were now stuck with the same sideshow for the next 5 years.

It's sad man. Just sad.

In other news first half of my shift went fast enough which I didn't expect (I'm better off staying away from political topics)

In other news first half of my shift went fast enough which I didn't expect (I'm better off staying away from political topics)

There's a friend of my OHs who if you start him off on political topics will just keep ranting until the cows come home. I must admit I have a limited interest but christ on a bike yer man is just a nightmare altogether :eek:

I find I'm a little too radical for a lot of people i guess. That my hypothetical solutions are taken up and exaggerated a bit so i sound like a bigger lunatic than i am!. Also there's obviously people out there who are quite opposite and i can't find common ground so it's safer stay away from this topic for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I usually jokingly agree with Ted on stuff, but he firmly hit the nail on the head. ..

What do you mean, :eek: for the most part you haven't been agreeing !!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning all :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My friend told me today that his family were pressuring him into voting FG because they're a FG family. He didn't for a finish but still that's the kind of bull**** that's still going on :/

It's sad man. Just sad.
    In my house, my sisters both ask my mother who she is voting for, and just pick the same people. They have exactly zero interest in politics.

As for me, I'm quite far left, and there's not really anyone that matches up with me in Longford-Westmeath.

Just seen on Facebook that Frank Kelly has passed away :(

• Advertisement

Just seen on Facebook that Frank Kelly has passed away

Saw that too.

Sad news.

Made Feck an appropriate response to anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Saw that too.

Sad news.

Made Feck an appropriate response to anything

Ah that's very unwelcome news. :(

Same anniversary as Dermot Morgan too :(

Yeah that's kinda spooky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Same anniversary as Dermot Morgan too :(

Jaysus, you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

good afternoon :)

Good afternoon Lads & Ladies :D, how are we all this fine Sunday afternoon?

How do Mr Lith-mon.

Keeping the peace there on the West-side?

How do Mr Lith-mon.

Keeping the peace there on the West-side?

All good here Ted :D

It's always peaceful in the West.

• Advertisement

Morning noccers, how are ye all?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement