Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat show on Sunday!

• 18-02-2016 12:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Just for anyone who may be interested, there's a cat show this Sunday in Nenagh! There'll be loads of lovely pedigrees and some even lovelier non pedigrees including some boardsie cats :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

If I was a bit closer I would go & bring my youngest. She has suddenly decided she loves cats. I have watched that cartoon Aristocats about 15 times in the past 2 days. The last time I went to a cat show I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Knine wrote: »
    If I was a bit closer I would go & bring my youngest. She has suddenly decided she loves cats. I have watched that cartoon Aristocats about 15 times in the past 2 days. The last time I went to a cat show I really enjoyed it.

I'm sure she'd love it! There's another coming up in Dublin in April that she may enjoy more as there's probably be more cats and there's the judging rings where ye could actually watch them being judged if she'd sit there long enough :P At least she has good taste in movies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

She even asked me for a kitten today- A White one with a pink bow. Got to love her innocence. The one in April sounds good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

On an unrelated note, The Aristocats soundtrack was the first album I ever bought for myself. I saved up and bought it on vinyl when I was about 6. I thought I was the absolute bees knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Can't wait :D Jesse and Freya have been preparing for their big debut for months, with strict diet and exercise regimes to get into tip top shape :p they've been practising their blue steel pose in the mirror for weeks :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

What type of pedigrees will be the there? I've only seen British Shorthair and Maine Coon in person so would like to see some other breeds! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Good luck everyone, and have fun.
    We were hoping to go as its not that far from us, but I will be arriving back from uk Sunday am, and don't think I'll be able to keep eyes open long enough to go. My daughter wanted to enter our Ruby too. Hopefully some other time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Just out of interest can you pet the cats at the show or can you just look?

Never been to one

lassykk wrote: »
    Just out of interest can you pet the cats at the show or can you just look?

Never been to one

Generally no, as in you can't stick your fingers in or open a cage and just have a rub but if there owner is there already or have their cats out of the cage, they might let you if you ask!

I was very proud of Dude, he was so chilled out for the day, couldn't have gone better! He got 3rd best rescue and his breed class (which goes on colour for non pedigree!)
    It was also lovely to meet zapperzy and her two who did brilliantly for their first show! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Very proud of Jesse and Freya who came home with 6 rosettes between the two of them, three firsts, two seconds and a best in class :D Lovely to meet so many gorgeous cats, and of course SillyMango with dude :) Great day out and I may have caught the showing bug :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Well done all the kitties, we hope to get to one some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Did ye see the reports are up on gccf site. :-)

Did ye see the reports are up on gccf site. :-)

I did indeed! A little disappointed with Dudes but I know he was unsettled in the morning, if only the judging was in the afternoon when he chilled out :o

Advertisement