Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold German PS4 at Gamestop

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I bought one at Christmas from them and I'm not sure what language it's in. Works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

This whole thing seems completely over-blown. Here's my 2 cents:

Technical perspective - pretty simple as everyone says, dig around the box of cables everyone has and find a correct cable or pop into Dealz and the like. For extra piece of mind make sure the fuse ratings match.

Customer perspective - Gamestop should not have handed it out like that without explaining this issue to the customer.

What Gamestop should have done in my opinion is inform the customer about the fact this is an import and the reasons why they do not have an Irish/UK model. Then offer the customer an Irish/UK power lead and ask are the happy to go ahead with the purchase.

I'm technically very savvy but would be annoyed if I went home, opened the box and found a 2 prong lead. I'd be fine with it if Gamestop did what I suggested above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

as far as i am aware gamestop will not trade in a console without an irish 3 pin plug. i stand to be corrected but i remember trading a ps3 i think and they wouldnt take a 2 pin plug

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

as far as i am aware gamestop will not trade in a console without an irish 3 pin plug. i stand to be corrected but i remember trading a ps3 i think and they wouldnt take a 2 pin plug

I had the same issue years ago with a Nintendo ds wouldn't take it because of the plug was eu

I find it shocking that they would sell it without the correct cable just goes to show how much the Irish consumers get screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yet people remain loyal to them.

And 75 euro for a new game now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yet people remain loyal to them.

And 75 euro for a new game now :pac:

giphy.gif

Advertisement