Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling e-Tickets

Options
  • 18-02-2016 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi - apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I bought 4 tickets for Beyonce in the pre sale but 2 people can't come now so I want to sell them on. Does anyone know of any issues in reselling the printed version of ticketmaster tickets? Do I just print them from my ticketmaster account and give them to whoever is buying them or will that person potentially have any issues with using them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I've bought "printed" tickets before without any issue whatsoever. Although people, myself included, would be wary of this type of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Thanks a mil - yeah I'd be wary too to be fair! Good to know they wouldn't have issues though. Will give it a shot anyway and see how it goes and hopefully someone will trust I'm a genuine seller so I can pay the old credit card bill! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

If you wanted to sell them quick and get the hard copy (which is better) you can ring ticketmaster with your order reference and ask them to change it to ticket delivery and they'll do it no problem

Oh thanks Sally, that's handy to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Make sure to print only one copy of each ticket. Keep 2 and sell the other 2. That way there's no duplicates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If I am going to the actual gig I will usually say that I can meet up with people outside and go into the gig with them to confirm the tickets are legit.

Nobody took me up on the offer but I reckon it puts peoples mind at ease if buying printouts.

The only downside is the possibility of touts selling tickets cheaper than yours and the potential buyer buys one and leaves you stuck.

One time outside the olympia I got the bouncer to confirm a proper ticket was legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Always get the proper tickets. It's way easier to sell them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I've had a few people pull out after finding out I've got e-tickets rather than hardcopy. I always find it a bit strange...If I want to scam you i'll scam you, regardless of how hard the tickets feel in your hand.There are better ways to avoid being scammed.

I always try and be as transparent as possible when selling but there is a level of trust required.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

nothing to do with beyonce but i ordered a ticket to christy moore in the woodlands hotel waterford on Sat 5th March on the 23rd dec and have not reciecved the tickets yet (money taking from account etc). is there an email i can contact (too stingy to ring ticketmaster :D:D:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I've had a few people pull out after finding out I've got e-tickets rather than hardcopy. I always find it a bit strange.
    I don't think it strange at all, makes perfect sense to me why people are more wary, ignorant or not.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    nothing to do with beyonce but i ordered a ticket to christy moore in the woodlands hotel waterford on Sat 5th March on the 23rd dec and have not reciecved the tickets yet
    What if I don't receive my tickets?
    If you selected standard mail and do not receive your tickets within 2 business days of your event, click on the Contact Us tab above immediately. We will determine the nature of the problem, and if your tickets are replaceable, instruct you as to where and when to pick up your replacement tickets.
    This is normally done at the Box Office prior to the show, and the tickets are marked as "Duplicate" so that they are easily identified as the valid tickets. Replacement tickets must be picked up by the credit card holder with the original credit card used in the purchase. Please advise if the card holder will not be attending the event when requesting your duplicate tickets.
    In order for us to deal with your query we would need you to confirm your order number and last 4 digits on the card used for purchase.
    If you are unsure what your delivery option is, please check your email confirmation or your online Ticketmaster account as you may have chosen box office collection or TicketFast.
    I would not be worried at all, if bought on your CC that is usually all that is needed to get duplicates at the box office on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Though it might seem like "real ticket" > "printed ticket" there really is NO difference.

With a printed ticket they can just print another copy and whoever gets there first gets in. With "real tickets" they just sell them, report them lost and claim a new set from TM, invalidating the ones they sold you.

TM have no interest in helping with resales as they don't get a cut, if you buy tickets 2nd hand you have to be prepared to lose all your money.

Well it's still up on adverts and no takers yet, not looking too hopeful!

Sooo.... does anyone wanna buy a ticket? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

genie_us wrote: »
    Well it's still up on adverts and no takers yet, not looking too hopeful!

Sooo.... does anyone wanna buy a ticket? :p

Try Toutless.com

Advertisement