Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club Fitting ie repairs, changing shafts etc

Options
  • 18-02-2016 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

Slightly strange title I know but I'm looking for view and experiences of who people use for club repairs or adjustments etc, not custom fitting a la Fore Golf etc.

Time was when all pros would have the skills to perform repairs, remove and change shafts, alter loft/lie angles etc but it seems to be disappearing skill set.

Specifically I'd like to find someone reliable in Dublin who could swap out shafts, alter loft/lie and the like which would allow me to tinker about a bit with my equipment without breaking the bank

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newport2

Slightly strange title I know but I'm looking for view and experiences of who people use for club repairs or adjustments etc, not custom fitting a la Fore Golf etc.

Time was when all pros would have the skills to perform repairs, remove and change shafts, alter loft/lie angles etc but it seems to be disappearing skill set.

Specifically I'd like to find someone reliable in Dublin who could swap out shafts, alter loft/lie and the like which would allow me to tinker about a bit with my equipment without breaking the bank

Any ideas?

David Lavelle in the Spawell.
    Kevin Foy in Stepaside.
    Michael Kavanagh in Leopardstown DR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Krishna was in the Ward driving range think he maybe in Hollywood lakes now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Old guy in Howth golf club, during my angry club breaking days, he fixed number of clubs for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

newport2 wrote: »
    David Lavelle in the Spawell.
    Kevin Foy in Stepaside.
    Michael Kavanagh in Leopardstown DR.

Cheers - go to Leaopardstown DR a fair bit so will give Michael a try. Does he work out of the McGuirk's there or separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newport2

Cheers - go to Leaopardstown DR a fair bit so will give Michael a try. Does he work out of the McGuirk's there or separate?

Seperate, himself and Michael Allen both do fittings and adjustments there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭justcallmemoses

Anyone know where I can get an adapter fitted to a shaft? I have the new adapter, just need it fitted

Advertisement