Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need info on electric bill

Options
  • 18-02-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

just have a question on my electric bill ]

so i get my bills as normal but am wondering if its a little high, my bill for 2 months is 145 euro. the appliances connected are a pc which is on 24/7 with sleep mode and power saving on also i charge my mobile from pc. i play games a few hours a day also on pc.. i shower 3 to 4 times a week maybe 20 to 25 mins each time i put on 3 loads of washing a week and have a electric heater which is hardly ever used and a microwave which is rarely used and a fridge, my bill just seems a little high for what i use.. so what i'm asking is would that be right for what i use any info would be much appreciated thanks again..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi antohny,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Do indeed let us know what your query is. We can respond to a general query here on our public forum, but if your query requires viewing your account, please send us a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating you are the account-holder, your name, address and date of birth.

Thanks,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 7 antohny

Hi antohny,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Do indeed let us know what your query is. We can respond to a general query here on our public forum, but if your query requires viewing your account, please send us a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating you are the account-holder, your name, address and date of birth.

Thanks,
    Una

________
    hi, thanks for replying the thing is i'm with bord gais but didn't know where to post this.. i'm living alone as the family has moved out of country and now have to pay all the bills myself, i'm not used to that as the mother used to do it all before lol i have the bill here but don't know what to post. thanks again.. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi antohny,

Thanks for your message.

As you are not an Electric Ireland customer we would only be able to provide you with general information regarding usage. For specific information regarding your account we would advise contacting your supplier directly.

Was your most recent bill based on an estimated or an actual reading? An estimated reading means that an accurate reading was not taken from the meter at the property by ESB Networks, either due to the estimate being scheduled (this is done twice yearly) or due to access issues. If the bill was estimated we would advise contacting your supplier with an accurate reading in order to have a corrected bill issued to you. Alternatively, if this was an accurate bill, were the last number of bills your received estimated? If so then the increase in the bill amount could be due to under-estimations at the premises to this point. Again, we would advise contacting your supplier in order to confirm this.

What was the billing date on your most recent bill? As ESB Networks supply readings on a bi-monthly basis bills are issued from Electric Ireland every two months, however we cannot comment as to your supplier's procedure, we would again advise contacting them directly. If the most recent bill was issued for the December to February period then this could include any additional heating you may have used, or any additional cooking, due to the Christmas period.

It is important to note that anything that generates heat, such as cooking, showering, heaters etc., use the most amount of electricity. We would advise following the energy saving tips outlined on the Electric Ireland website here.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 7 antohny

Thanks Brige i just checked and the last one from october was an estimate and this one was a reading maybe it was what you said about under reading i think so that's why maybe it was a bit high. it was normally only around 100..i have asked them to put in the pre paid card system so will know from now whats being used thanks again to all you have been very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi antohny,

You're very welcome.

Should you have any queries regarding Electric Ireland please don't hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement