Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mary Lou to rejoin FF?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

Mary Lou left FF for SF and got plenty of coverage as the 'human wallpaper' behind Adams at many, many press events of the course of the peace process years. It would theoretically be possible for her to continue as a political carpetbagger and defect to FF now that it'd appear to be on the rise.

However, I don't believe it for a minute. As much as I dislike certain SF men and women I still think they're in it for the long haul, and as much as I dislike many of their views I'd still regard the ratio of political opportunists to believers as being very much in SF's favour in comparison to other parties.

Stranger things happened in Labour, e.g. a leader opting to be a Blueshirt backbencher:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_O%27Leary_(politician)
    (That's before we even mention the political journey of members of the Norton clan to/from Labour and FF; or Dr John O'Connell's defection from Labour and ultimately to FF via Independent years and facilitating British Govt and IRA talks along the way in the 1980s etc etc).

Adams is still needed whilst the pace of political change (North and South) is so staccato. I suspect some of the rumours are being stirred up by those who'd like Adams to give a better picture of how he expects the next few years to unfold and his role in the process, e.g. continuity in the North but anti-establishment movement in the South etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Latest is that Mary Lou has been given until the end of March to rejoin or get off the pot. It is reckoned her bargaining power has been diminished on account of Fianna Fails success and Sinn fein's peak not having amounted to that much.
    Throw us up the oul link to that there Dan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

tipptom wrote: »

Do you seriously think I rely on 'links' for my information. I mix with real movers & shakers with real insight not the 'some fella down the pub was saying' brigade. BTW Mary Lou won't be the only one bailing out.

tipptom wrote: »

Do you seriously think that I rely on 'links' for my information? I mix with real movers & shakers, the fellas who have decided the formation of the new government long before now not the 'some fella was saying down the pub' brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Do you seriously think that I rely on 'links' for my information? I mix with real movers & shakers, the fellas who have decided the formation of the new government long before now not the 'some fella was saying down the pub' brigade.

News Flash..Gerry Adams leaves SF and joins the BA grouping !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Look, I know who you roll with "Dan";) did the banks decided this rubbish 3 months ago like I'm hearing on the grape vine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,890 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Be surprised if the story is true really. On the other hand I think she is far too talented, clever and articulate for Sinn Fein and would attract more support, would flourish in her political career and do a lot more good either as an independent or indeed with FF even. SF and her support for Adams in particular is a noose for her and I would hope that she would realize they will never condemn or shun those who prop them up ie. their rank hardcore of criminals, scumbags and subversives around the island who they will only speak about as 'good republicans' regardless of their record or misdeeds. Not transparent, not honest, not democratic and not to be trusted in any regard let alone when it comes to holding any level of power, influence or responsibility and I say that as someone who is not party political in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Strumms wrote: »
    On the other hand I think she is far too talented, clever and articulate for Sinn Fein

:eek:

She is none of those things, least alone the third... unless you mean compared to other SF TDs?

Look, I know who you roll with "Dan";) did the banks decided this rubbish 3 months ago like I'm hearing on the grape vine?

You're not far off AJ. I mean does anyone seriously believe that the real movers & shakers, the people with power and influence, the top dogs in the armed forces and justice, the judiciary, would allow the Governance of this country to be determined by the likes of Mick Wallace, Paul Murphy, Martin Ferris,or any other collection of 'Je suis Derek' types? No way. Once the posturing is over and the dust settles we will have a stable Government. The Kingmakers will continue living their lives while the AAA/PBP followers will be distracted by getting a credit union loan and spending it on the p1ss in France singing 'come on you boys in green'.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod Note:

The election is over, Mary Lou didn't join FF and there is nothing to suggest that she will now.

This thread seems to have veered way off the topic, which was fairly thin to begin with, so I'm closing it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement